Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One thing I've noticed....

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

Reading through the forums today is that your homeschooled kids are ready to go back to the books. My kids (public schoolers) are very much relishing this Christmas break. I'm sure when I mention to them next week that they have to go back (on Thursday) that it will be met with lots of whining and 2 very disgruntled children.

Just something I've found very intriguing today. Keep on doing what you're doing!!!!! I wish I could homeschool and get my kids back into learning like they use to be.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM
:) true! If I wasn't using this time to plan out the next few weeks we would be back to it as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM

My kids are starting back today, sort of.  They have to finish working on speeches to give tomorrow about Christmas Around the World.  They just take it stride.  Next week, they'll start back with their core curriculum

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids are on a break but they have been out working in the neighborhood snowshoveling for all the neighbors. Then they come home and work for mom and dad.  They just bought themselves a cell phone and now are working on buying themselves the phone plane to go with it.  So, in a sense, they are doing some  of the things we have been teaching..like math and their socialization skills and how to meet and greet the public along with knowing how much worth/value should be applied to the type of labor that is given. Essentially, we are combining acedemic skills with life skills.

'Life is Education and Education is Life'

undefined

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Homeschoolers get a more flexible and fluid schedule so I think the kids don't get burnt quite so easily. Thanks for the kind words. Maybe some day life will provide you an opportunity to bring them home. 8)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM

so true, i hope you'll be able to homeschool wunder!

coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM

My girls haven't been showing much interest in wanting to start back.  We have been on the go for the last 2 weeks.  I am relishing in the time to relax finally.  We still have to get together with family and have a "holiday" show at the skating rink on Sunday.  They have been reading and doing crafts which we haven't had much time for recently.  They have also been working on their life skills with cleaning and laundry and a few other things.  When we start back they will be ready and excited.

wowguildmomma
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM

My 6 year old was asking me Chirstmas day when I put her to bed if she could do school work the next day. lol We just printed her some review worksheets and let her go to town with that since we are using the break to get ready for the next few months.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

We've been having a good time on our holiday. DD has been reading and crafting. The one thing she did academically was work through the holiday Chemistry assignments from her teacher, but she's taken the final and doesn't have to fuss with it now.

Now that our company is gone, I'm taking the next couple of days to get a handle on our next semester so we can start back 'officially' on Jan 2.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My daughter hates school, no matter what I do, so she is enjoying her christmas break as well.  She gets from the 24th to the 4th off.  If hubby was working I'd start back up again.  

wunderwifey
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Its very interesting to read each of your posts about how y'all conduct your "classroom." I'm the daughter of a public school teacher and have spent my life around teachers. But the way homeschool teachers conduct business facinates me. Gives me lots of ideas for my future classroom. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)