Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT- I had a girls night!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

I actually went out with my BFF, it's the first time either of us had a night out since we had kids (11 years ago!) we went to the movies and saw Les Miserables. I know the soundtrack word for word. It was really good (though more graphic than the play). Though we both cheered when Russell Crowe died and therefore couldn't sing anymore..lol..Hugh Jackman was GREAT!

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM

i didnt hear anything on the news shannon!!! hahahahahaha

glad you had a good time you deserve it!!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Hahaha, I kept waiting for the Myan Calendar to end the world, sure mu night out was the precipice for the world to end! Lol 

Quoting oredeb:

i didnt hear anything on the news shannon!!! hahahahahaha

glad you had a good time you deserve it!!!

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

LOL Glad y'all had a great evening! We saw Les Mis on Fri morning and really enjoyed it, but yeah. Russell Crowe doesn't have the chops for Javert. And I had no idea Amanda Seyfried could actually hit those notes. Impressive!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Sounds like a great girls night out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I know! After listening to Crowe massacre Javert throughout the first act, I admit I was cringing before Seyfried started to sing, but she surprised me! 

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

LOL Glad y'all had a great evening! We saw Les Mis on Fri morning and really enjoyed it, but yeah. Russell Crowe doesn't have the chops for Javert. And I had no idea Amanda Seyfried could actually hit those notes. Impressive!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM
That's fantastic Shannon! Were you able to go for coffee or drink or soda before or afterwards? Maybe you'll get to do it again now that you have had your irst break out. lol Hopefully it won't be another 11 years. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
How fun!!! 11 YEARS!? Girl, you need to get out more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I know, but I've never really felt the need. Boy was it fun though!

Quoting Boobah:

How fun!!! 11 YEARS!? Girl, you need to get out more!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

We went out for a burger & fries after the movie and to chit chat. It was amazing how different it is to sit in a burger joint sans kiddos!

Quoting kirbymom:

That's fantastic Shannon! Were you able to go for coffee or drink or soda before or afterwards? Maybe you'll get to do it again now that you have had your irst break out. lol Hopefully it won't be another 11 years. :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM
OMG!!! I know what you mean! My hubby has started taking me out on Sunday just for some US time and I had such a weird feeling without the kids being there too. Lol

Quoting KickButtMama:

We went out for a burger & fries after the movie and to chit chat. It was amazing how different it is to sit in a burger joint sans kiddos!

Quoting kirbymom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)