Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Memories

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't know about anyone else but I find that making memories with our kids are just as important as their education. For a child to be able to look back on their childhood and remember it, good and bad, with fondness despite any hardship or frustration that seemed to hit the family is just as essential to their inner well being as their educational well being. It brings out of them a depth of character that just an education alone can not provide.

Do YOU think that memories are just as important to your children as their academic education?
Do you strive to make memories with your kids for your kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I agree with you & I think good memories are more useful then bad lessons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Good memories are definitely good feelings to have remembrances of, that's for sure. That is why I strive to make memorable moments for my kids to remember, as they become adults, even the ones that are unpleasant, to remember them ALL with fondess. You know, for that inevitable day that comes to every human being as they take a tour back down memory lane.

Quoting usmom3:

I agree with you & I think good memories are more useful then bad lessons.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yes!!! That has been a driving force in how we school lately. Making good memories while we learn. Remembering those good times baking/cooking/playing with mom is way more important to me than remembering the exact date so and so did whatever, or what every single rocks name and classification is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM
That is exactly what I an talking about. That mom and dad time is as important as academic time.

Quoting Boobah:

Yes!!! That has been a driving force in how we school lately. Making good memories while we learn. Remembering those good times baking/cooking/playing with mom is way more important to me than remembering the exact date so and so did whatever, or what every single rocks name and classification is.
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Yes What Nikki said!

Quoting kirbymom:

That is exactly what I an talking about. That mom and dad time is as important as academic time.

Quoting Boobah:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I think memories are VERY important. All the book smarts in the world will only get u so far w/o experiencing life!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Amen sista! Ain't that the truth of it!

Quoting KickButtMama:

I think memories are VERY important. All the book smarts in the world will only get u so far w/o experiencing life!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM

You are so right, Life experience is so important but so many don't realize its importance.

The other day my nephew was telling me that he & his siblings (all PS) had no clue how to order food or interact with a cashier at a store  because they never had to do it until they where older teens.

Quoting KickButtMama:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM
This is what I am talking about. In this post and another member's post. My kids learned this by the time they were 8, 9 years old. These are skills that should be taught and are not.

Quoting usmom3:

You are so right, Life experience is so important but so many don't realize its importance.

The other day my nephew was telling me that he & his siblings (all PS) had no clue how to order food or interact with a cashier at a store  because they never had to do it until they where older teens.

Quoting KickButtMama:

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yes that is why I want to make a year book two kinds video and then one with just picture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)