Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

how often do you get out?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 20 Replies
How often do you and your kiddos go out and about? I found that when I homeschooled all 4 last year, we hardly ever went out because they were so young and it was tough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanTheWriter
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine are older, so ... pretty much whenever we want! Ah, the blessings of growing up. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
1 to 4 times a week depending on weather & activity's scheduled.
Bostynsmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

How old are your littles? I know it can be hectic going places with young ones. I have kids that are 9,8, twin 4 years, almost 2 and am due with number 6 in seven weeks! I know after the twins were born, I feared going anywhere. Taking them to the grocery store, the library, and the park is about all the outings we do during the day. Schooling and chores pretty much take up their day. Other than that, the only thing I always do is make sure these are scheduled so everyone knows what the plan is and what is expected of them.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this
We hardly ever go out because we never have the extra money. We also only have one vehicle so when my husban is working we don't have a way to go. We do have a small HS group we get together with once a month.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Before the youngest was about 6 we only really got out for our weekly grocery shopping. Once my youngest wasn't attached to my chest constantly we were able to venture out more often. But I'm still a homebody more often than not. I'm too cheap to pay for the gas to go out more than our weekly co-op on Tuesdays and we go grocery shopping with my dad on Thursdays. Otherwise we get out on the weekends.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

The kids and I...  oh no less than 4 times a week and THEN other times when DH isn't at work.   We hit the park, the local community center (for swimming), Choir group, and soon they will each have a music lesson... and that doesn't even include normal chores or extra activities.

Myself and my husband???   um... never.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM
We get out about 1-2 times a week in the winter..more in the summer.
I am kind of a home body and so are the kids.
mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

We get out at least once every week day because we take DH to work. I only have one LO right now so it's not too difficult to get out with her, when it's warm we go to the park 2-3 times a week. Sometimes we will go to the store or to eat out together, and we have started going to the library a couple of times a week too.

CafeMom Tickers
TalulaBelleLove
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM

You and I are in such similar boats except I don't have a HS group :( Just me and my 3 kids, (hubby works 6 days a week)

Quoting starbeck96:

We hardly ever go out because we never have the extra money. We also only have one vehicle so when my husban is working we don't have a way to go. We do have a small HS group we get together with once a month.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Every dang day! Uggg....LOL

We have a sport, church or scout event every day of the week. Two of my kids joined a community Theater last night so that adds two more activities per week (at least this one is free!) ....

Monday ~ DD goes to co~op, cribbage for me
Tues~ gymnastics and theater for DD and DS2; karate for DS1 and I
Wed~ Confirmation for DS2; karate for me, boys have co~op
Turs: Gymnastics, boy scouts and Theater
Fri~ Boys co~op, Park Day & sometimes tumbling
Sat: theater until the performance in April...
Sunday; church
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN