Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Timberdoodle?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone used Timberdoodle before? How do you feel about it?

I've heard great things, but from a small selection of people.

When I went to look at the website, it already has some of the materials I was thnking of using anyway. I definitely need some type of cirriculum to start with.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BramblePatch
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Are you only looking for secular?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM
From what I remember, it's not a complete curriculum - more like a lot of supplemental materials. I haven't used it, though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashlelyb_0827
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Not necessarily, but we are secular.

Quoting BramblePatch:

Are you only looking for secular?

chikaboombeads
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I love it!  I homeschool my 12 year old and just started with my kindergartener.  For my oldest, i have used Calvert and K12, both good full curriculums...but pricey and overwhelming.  We just started using Timberdeoodle for my 5 year old.  I really like that it uses modern and semi-mainstream materials.  Money was tight, so I decided to pick and choose the items I REALLY wanted for the first semester instead of ordering the complete curriculum.  The prices are great and the selection is amazing!  

amyand4
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Do you know what parts you plan to order for first grade or when you do can you post them? I am really interested in this program but money is always tight and I would like to use it for next year but after ordering a whole curriculum this year from another company I am not happy with I am looking to get this program with out getting unneeded items and wasting money. Any thoughts you could offer would be appreciated chickaboombeads. Thanks Amy
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Most of their selection appears to be protestant christian; for that reason, I haven't used them personally. I don't know if that's changed in the past year.

Is it true that the curricula doesn't come with lesson plans - it's just books?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN