Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Determining the Importance of ......

Posted by   + Show Post

What subjects are determined to be the most important and ....

Are you teaching/gearing towards a job or career in a specific field for your child(ren)?  

undefined

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (31-34):
MamaDearie
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM

We are just starting with homeschooling our youngest two and I am still battling with DS's father (my ex-husband) about being able to homeschool DS as well. In my mind though- I want our children to be able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), to be able to thoroughly research any subject and to use that research to come to their own conclusions, and to have a good grasp on historical and scientific facts with as little bias involved as possible so that they can form their own opinions from factual information. I do want to impart lessons from our faith and I do want them to learn morality and character development as well. As to gearing towards any specific careers- that will be determined by their interests as they grow and develop.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi MamaDearie! Welcome to the wonderful adventures of homeschooling.  :)  

Quoting MamaDearie:

We are just starting with homeschooling our youngest two and I am still battling with DS's father (my ex-husband) about being able to homeschool DS as well. In my mind though- I want our children to be able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), to be able to thoroughly research any subject and to use that research to come to their own conclusions, and to have a good grasp on historical and scientific facts with as little bias involved as possible so that they can form their own opinions from factual information. I do want to impart lessons from our faith and I do want them to learn morality and character development as well. As to gearing towards any specific careers- that will be determined by their interests as they grow and develop.

Those are becoming more and more important in life. 

undefined

MamaDearie
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi MamaDearie! Welcome to the wonderful adventures of homeschooling.  :)  

Quoting MamaDearie:

Those are becoming more and more important in life. 

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

oredeb
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

biblical reading ,math, english,reading, writing, , oral presentations, music

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)