Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Coffee Break! Self sustainability....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 24 Replies
Could you survive if we reverted back to old times? How self sustainable is your family?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM
We wouldn't survive longer than a week, so if you need some place to raid you can come to my house lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Fantastic! I would LOVE to live in those much simpler, yet definitely hard working, days, and yes, we would be able to survive.  

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Jealous!!! I had a veggie garden once and ducks who supplied us with eggs, but we lost our house when the economy went bad and have been renting and moving almost every year due to foreclosures or people selling. I miss my garden especially! Hopefully we can buy another house soon and I can get back at it!

Quoting kirbymom:

Fantastic! I would LOVE to live in those much simpler, yet definitely hard working, days, and yes, we would be able to survive.  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We would definately survive, but I would miss a lot!!  Especially you ladies!  My computer has only been dead for a week and I've gone through all kinds of withdrawl!!  LOL

I would LOVE to go back to an older time.  I really miss hubby when he was gone all the time for work.  Now that he is working from home, it is so nice!  We can share much more of the load!  And think of the conversations you could have with neighbors since they would be home more.  You could trade recipes and help each other with the canning.  Ahh!  I'd love it!

Plus we still have enough food to feed a small army into the summer, so feel free to come learn how to save seed, tend animals, make a chain pump, anything you need to know for off grid survival!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I would consider us some where in the middle.  We are much less dependent on modern conveniences than our neighbors.  However we sure love the super walmart.  :)

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Sounds great! Well be moving in with you if it all goes downhill lol.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We would definately survive, but I would miss a lot!!  Especially you ladies!  My computer has only been dead for a week and I've gone through all kinds of withdrawl!!  LOL

I would LOVE to go back to an older time.  I really miss hubby when he was gone all the time for work.  Now that he is working from home, it is so nice!  We can share much more of the load!  And think of the conversations you could have with neighbors since they would be home more.  You could trade recipes and help each other with the canning.  Ahh!  I'd love it!

Plus we still have enough food to feed a small army into the summer, so feel free to come learn how to save seed, tend animals, make a chain pump, anything you need to know for off grid survival!

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM
i looooove me some Walmart too! (Minus the weirdos). :)

Quoting irvinehiker:

I guess I would consider us some where in the middle.  We are much less dependent on modern conveniences than our neighbors.  However we sure love the super walmart.  :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

The same with us. But we have been living simple for so long that I wouldn't know for sure if I could live any other way.  :)  

Quoting rsrangel:

Jealous!!! I had a veggie garden once and ducks who supplied us with eggs, but we lost our house when the economy went bad and have been renting and moving almost every year due to foreclosures or people selling. I miss my garden especially! Hopefully we can buy another house soon and I can get back at it!

Quoting kirbymom:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Ain't that the truth, though!!?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

What a wonderful thought. :) 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!!  It doesn't matter what time a day you go there are always some weirdos at the walmart. 

Quoting rsrangel:

i looooove me some Walmart too! (Minus the weirdos). :)

Quoting irvinehiker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN