Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's YOUR favorite TV show?

Also, I have an actual homeschool question this time too. :). Are any of your little ones learning typing on the computer? Any program you recommend? My sons 8 and is interested in learning so he "can type fast like mom".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Replies (11-16):
Ruthmom802
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM

That's funny...My little 6 yr old boy asked me just last week if he could learn to type fast "like mom"... So, I got out an older laptop and let him type away. I think it's also good for his spelling practice. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

We love Dance Mat! And an app called Tap Typing.

i will confess, under great duress, to a slight, hardly noticeable addiction to Bravo, and an all out obsession with Investigation Discovery channels.

Quoting jsbuck:

I really don't watch any tv : ). 

We like Dance Mat Typing http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I have so many I just can't choose.  LOL  Then again I couldn't tell my favorite book either.  I have so many of those as well. 

Here is what we use for typing.  My son loves it and it is download so no waiting.  http://www.amazon.com/Typing-Instructor-Kids-Platinum-Download/dp/B003LJXELE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1358348656&sr=8-4&keywords=typing+download

oredeb
by debbie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

if i watch tv i watch downton(sp) abbey, and some of the hgtv or food programs oh yea and finding bigfoot program

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad. Those are the only currently-airing shows we watch.

I've been watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. It's horrible! But I can't stop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

We watch the big bang, scandal, and grey's anatomy on the laptop, we don't have cable.

I am a very fast columbus style typer, so my boys play on the keyboard games on abcya.com to improve their speed, but we haven't really starteds teaching to "type" properly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)