Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am a new home schooling mom need yalls advice please!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am a new home schooling mom i also am new to the big city Nebraska.I believe that home schooling my boys is the best decition i and my husband  decided.. i believe my boys need the comunication with others there age. However with that said we havent found a church in the area that we fill that is for our family so my boys only have my 2 sisters kids to interact with  they are also home schooled so that is a pluse.. What i need advice on is anyone no of diffrent things in the areah like a souport group in my areah that could help me figure this out ?  Thanks

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stargazerwolf
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I'm not homeschooling yet but looking into it. Where in Nebraska are you living? I live in Nebraska too. You can PM me if you don't want to reveal your city. Because of how big this area is I will say I live in, I guess you would say suburb to Omaha. How old are your boys?

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

If you google "homeschool support groups Omaha" (insert city of choice), a number of different choices come up for local groups.

Sunflower_rn
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM
The homeschools we are in have clubs and get togethers. Contact the home school as well to see what they offer through their program. Some schedule field trips so students meet other home school students
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Nebraska Home School Groups listed at Nebraska Christian Home Educators Association

support Groups Listed At  Western Nebraska Home Educators Network

If your are unable to find something near you, you might check yahoo or google groups. 

sheila5745
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Don't live close, but good luck...

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

IF you can't find what you are looking for don't be afraid to make your own group.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group kasey.  :)  

Ask your local librarian if she/he knows of any homeschoolers in your area. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Search www.yahoogroups.com you'll likely find a ton of groups in your Area

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM

homeschoolcentral.com/support/nebraska_homeschool.htm

www.homeeddirectory.com/homeschooling-support-groups/...

homeschoolcentral.com/support/nebraska_homeschool.htm

ask the library

Mommynay2
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Good morning, you could start a playgroup of your own. I plan on restarting mine. See, I am part of an organization, I live in Rhode Island. One problem that I ran into was that the activities that they have were way out and not on a bus route. So I worked it out with my local library and just had a few of us getting together and playing boardgames together. I stopped after the New Year, and then some injuries and illnesses ran through my house. Honestly, I bruised a bone in my knee and once I felt better, I got pink eye so it's been a pause in the group. Another thing you can do is look on Yahoo for groups in your area or start your own. I'm glad that they have their cousins to interact with, my daughter doesn't have any family that homeschool. I wish I could help you more, have a good day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)