Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

School supplies

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
Where do you get your child's curriculum and other supplies?

Personally amazon is my best friend and so far that's how I've ordered all my things
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paris2lmp
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I just signed up for time4learning, which is nice because it is a monthly subscription that I can easily cancel if it doesn't work for us.  I also keep my eyes open at the dollar store, walmart, and really anywhere else for extra workbooks, crafts, etc to supplement that.

sheila5745
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I get most of mine from the internet. Dollar Tree has some really cool posters with the nouns, verbs and all that. A lot of free things out there for home schooling..

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

All over the place, just depends on what I am looking for & who has the best price.

pinkschoolhouse
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I get the majority of my school materials from Rainbow Resource Center.  I've also purchased items from Trend Enterprises (learning charts, etc.), Teaching Textbooks (math), and Michael Clay Thompson Language Arts (Royal Fireworks Press).

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I get curriculum from eBay and www.cbd.com. If they don't have it then I get it from the original site. Supplies I get mostly from Walmart after the back to school sales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I use many of the places that have already been named But I also LOVE Timberdoodle and christianbooks.com, as well as currclick.com and used book stores.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I get many of my things from Rainbow Reasource. It's a suplier for the Charter school we use and it makes it easy to order pretty much anything I want.

I get some posters, activities, and "classroom" decor items from both S & S worldwide ( LOVE THEM! ) and Oriental Trading. S&S also has a lot of PE type items (balls, jumpropes, games, etc) that we use for scout activities.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

It depends on what they need.  I just go where I can get what they need.  I get a lot from amazon and sometimes ebay.  I download a lot of stuff too. 

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I get from a variety. Amazon, Alpha Omega (Horizons), Abeka & homeschoolingbooks.com 

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

& I use to get stuff from a local places called Toy Zoo (TONS of awesome school supplies) but we are moving so I guess I need to find a new store in Indiana hehe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN