Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschool and baby sitting??

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just began hs for my 9yr old son last week, we are still trying to figure out a schedule or get use to be at home!! I was asked to bbysit 2 4 yr old prek boy n girl! This could fall into some extra cash but most important is it worth trying to figure out a way to take care of kids and teach at the same time :( I need some advice from mommas that have more than one child!! Its usually just me and my son. Please any advice

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Could you do the school work that he needs your help with before &/or after the children leave? Have him do anything that he doesn't need your help with while they are there & even make some of the activities friendly for them to do too!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  :)

With you son being 9 he is most likely able to do a fair amount of work independently.  Keep in mind homeschooling takes less time than when they are in a brick and mortar building.  For his age about 3 hours a day is plenty. 

rlaj04
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

The kids will be here from 8-4:30 M, W, Fri then on T, Th they go to private school till 11:30 so I have them after. I have to have lunch and they say nap for each one at 12 so I should get in plenty time after 12 for sure for help my son needs. Maybe Im taking harder than it really is...lol thanks girls for all your help, I do feel more confident in taking time with my son and helping others out!

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Once I get settle i plan on babysitting my nephew but he will be joining us in the homeschool stuff. My sister really wants him to get that experience & he has been asking to do projects and such. He's almost 3.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I was going to say no, but with just 1 being schooled, I think you could do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)