Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on Tomorrow's Breakfast List ?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

What do you normally serve for breakfast? Do you have some foods that are for every day or do you do anything each day?  Do you have formal breakfasts of a'la carte(sp)?

undefined

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swim-mom72
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Is somebody hungry??? LOL!

I think I am gonna make some cinnamon toast and fresh fruit salad. Since my guys are 12 and 15, they usually fend for themselves when it comes to breakfast, but once or twice a week I will whip up something fun for them.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I only cook full breakfasts about 2x a week. The kids generally just eat whatever they want. Cereal, otmeal, waffles. I walk a dog 3x a week so I don't cook on those days but I try and cook at least 2x.

We do waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, quiches, eggs and sausage or bacon, etc. For a treat, I sometimes pick up donut holes when I'm out walking the dog (there's a shop around thecorner) and bring that home for hte kids.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I usually cook every morning. Whether it's eggs or pancakes or crepes. DD is lactose intolerant and doesn't care for cereal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Breakfast gets made almost every day here, so we normally have bacon/sausage, eggs & toast/biscuits/ cinnamon rolls/oatmeal. 

Tomorrow we will have bacon, eggs & cinnamon rolls. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM

We like everything from "normal" breakfast food like cereal, toast, oatmeal, pancakes, biscuits, and muffins... to leftovers. Anything the kiddos will eat (both are underweight) is fair game in this house (with our doctor's full blessing).

Nico (my 3 year old) usually has cheerios very early and then scrambled eggs with or without toast later in the morning for breakfast.

Autumn (11 years old) enjoys peanut butter toast, raisin toast, eggs, or leftovers (especially if we had pasta the night before, lol).

I *eat* coffee for breakfast :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
DD usually has 1 scrambled egg and half a bagle or a cheese and fruit plate.

DS almost always wants an toast with butter and jelly with a banana.

Sometimes, they both end up with cereal :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM

We don't have a set schedule for meals.

Tomorrow the boys will probably have french toast and eggs from the freezer (Made ahead of time.. the eggs go in the oven and the french toast goes in the toaster.. like store bought ones.. but taste better.. LOL!!) I, on the other hand, will have a meal supplement shake. :-\ I'm on a diet.. 

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The usual is Oatmeal, Grits, or cold cereal.....my kids have recently discovered putting dried fruit in with Cheerios and the LOVE it.

Today Daddy actually cooked them breakfast and made OJ.  They ate that up.  LOL

Clh1989
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
We either have eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, PB toast, or pancakes. We always have a fruit too!
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM

we usually just do simple things. Most morning the kids have an option of toast, cereal or/and oatmeal. We have fruit usually too but they finished that up already lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)