Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on Tomorrow's Breakfast List ?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you normally serve for breakfast? Do you have some foods that are for every day or do you do anything each day?  Do you have formal breakfasts of a'la carte(sp)?

undefined

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM

My kids will never eat cereal.  We don't even keep it in the house.  Tomorrow we will probaly have raspberry danish.  We usually have toast and fruit or muffins and fruit.  Sometimes smoothies.  I always have some coffee.  This girl can't start the day without cofee.  lol

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I usually cook breakfast:
Pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, toast and fruit, eggs and toast, sausage biscuit sandwiches, sausage gravy and biscuits, oatmeal
Once or twice a week we will do cereal.
Oh and I almost always make cinnamon rolls on Sunday mornings..that is so long as Dad doesn't bring donuts on his way home from work. :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

YES!  Always.   You'd think I was either pregnant or a teenager, because I am always needing to eat. LOL  :)  

Quoting swim-mom72:

Is somebody hungry??? LOL!

I think I am gonna make some cinnamon toast and fresh fruit salad. Since my guys are 12 and 15, they usually fend for themselves when it comes to breakfast, but once or twice a week I will whip up something fun for them.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

What kind of breakfast burritos do you eat? Do you make them yourselves or buy them?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I only cook full breakfasts about 2x a week. The kids generally just eat whatever they want. Cereal, otmeal, waffles. I walk a dog 3x a week so I don't cook on those days but I try and cook at least 2x.

We do waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, quiches, eggs and sausage or bacon, etc. For a treat, I sometimes pick up donut holes when I'm out walking the dog (there's a shop around thecorner) and bring that home for hte kids.

awilliams77
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Mine are 13, 17 and 20 so they make their own. We always have a stock of hot and cold cereal available. 

They will make omelets, breakfast burritos, bagels, smoothies and such depending on what is happening that day. Sometimes we will have a cooked family breakfast on the weekend, but they usually cook it for us!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I usually make them myself....

Chorizo or Sausage or bacon and egg and cheese...sometimes I toss in spinach or chopped peppers and onion, sometimes I add potatos either diced or hash browns...depends on the mood and what is in the fridge :) I've used leftover steak, someimes taco meat...whatever works...

However, there is this place OMG.....down the road that has 4 breakfast burritos for $10. They are so huge you can't. Hardly finish them and they are SOOOOO yummy! We get em every so often.

Quoting kirbymom:

What kind of breakfast burritos do you eat? Do you make them yourselves or buy them?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I only cook full breakfasts about 2x a week. The kids generally just eat whatever they want. Cereal, otmeal, waffles. I walk a dog 3x a week so I don't cook on those days but I try and cook at least 2x.

We do waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, quiches, eggs and sausage or bacon, etc. For a treat, I sometimes pick up donut holes when I'm out walking the dog (there's a shop around thecorner) and bring that home for hte kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Fantastic. We do the same thing in our family. :)  Now do you ever think about taking that and turning it into a dinner? 

The next time you get one of those burritos, take a pic and post it for me. :)  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I usually make them myself....

Chorizo or Sausage or bacon and egg and cheese...sometimes I toss in spinach or chopped peppers and onion, sometimes I add potatos either diced or hash browns...depends on the mood and what is in the fridge :) I've used leftover steak, someimes taco meat...whatever works...

However, there is this place OMG.....down the road that has 4 breakfast burritos for $10. They are so huge you can't. Hardly finish them and they are SOOOOO yummy! We get em every so often.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM

We have a low tolerance for milk and so only eat cereal for a few moths as it makes our allergies go crazy. 

Quoting mamamedic69:

I usually cook every morning. Whether it's eggs or pancakes or crepes. DD is lactose intolerant and doesn't care for cereal.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM
We do every other day cold cereal or a cooked breakfast. Cold cereal does NOT keep them full so its a catch 22; I save time in the morning, but we have to stop for a snack break 2 hours later.

This week we had soaked oat muffins one day and cream of wheat one day. We'll do pancakes & bacon on Saturday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Sounds delicious. :)  Do you scramble your eggs or fry them? 

Quoting usmom3:

Breakfast gets made almost every day here, so we normally have bacon/sausage, eggs & toast/biscuits/ cinnamon rolls/oatmeal. 

Tomorrow we will have bacon, eggs & cinnamon rolls. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)