Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on Tomorrow's Breakfast List ?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you normally serve for breakfast? Do you have some foods that are for every day or do you do anything each day?  Do you have formal breakfasts of a'la carte(sp)?

undefined

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (21-27):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Mondays are the frozen Saturday leftover, either waffles or pancakes.
Tuesdays are either cinnamon toast and blueberries or French toast.
Wednesdays are eggy in the basket.
Thursdays are oatmeal, grits, or Bulgar wheat. And fruit.
Fridays are out with my parents or cold cereal while they're in Florida for winter.
Saturday s are waffles or pancakes, fresh.
Sundays my hubby goes all out either omelette s, or eggs Benedict, frittata, sausage egg muffin, or something else spectacular! My dad used to make Sunday's breakfast, so dh decided to continue that tradition.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
We eat breakfast for dinner A LOT! Love breaky for dinner! Yummm!

I bought a ham steak last night that will be dinner one night when I need something fast...probably Dr. Doolittle rehearsal night.

Quoting kirbymom:

Fantastic. We do the same thing in our family. :)  Now do you ever think about taking that and turning it into a dinner? 

The next time you get one of those burritos, take a pic and post it for me. :)  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I usually make them myself....

Chorizo or Sausage or bacon and egg and cheese...sometimes I toss in spinach or chopped peppers and onion, sometimes I add potatos either diced or hash browns...depends on the mood and what is in the fridge :) I've used leftover steak, someimes taco meat...whatever works...

However, there is this place OMG.....down the road that has 4 breakfast burritos for $10. They are so huge you can't. Hardly finish them and they are SOOOOO yummy! We get em every so often.

Quoting kirbymom:

What kind of breakfast burritos do you eat? Do you make them yourselves or buy them?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I only cook full breakfasts about 2x a week. The kids generally just eat whatever they want. Cereal, otmeal, waffles. I walk a dog 3x a week so I don't cook on those days but I try and cook at least 2x.

We do waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, quiches, eggs and sausage or bacon, etc. For a treat, I sometimes pick up donut holes when I'm out walking the dog (there's a shop around thecorner) and bring that home for hte kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Most of the time on Friday is what they make hash brown pancakes toast waffles sausages. What they cook I do not cook breakfast anymore it is their foods class at that time. Monday Wednesday and Friday hot breakfast and Tuesday and Thursday it is cereal

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Yes! A woman after my own heart. We do leftovers too. lol   

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We like everything from "normal" breakfast food like cereal, toast, oatmeal, pancakes, biscuits, and muffins... to leftovers. Anything the kiddos will eat (both are underweight) is fair game in this house (with our doctor's full blessing).

Nico (my 3 year old) usually has cheerios very early and then scrambled eggs with or without toast later in the morning for breakfast.

Autumn (11 years old) enjoys peanut butter toast, raisin toast, eggs, or leftovers (especially if we had pasta the night before, lol).

I *eat* coffee for breakfast :)

jsbuck
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Ds eats pancakes, french toast, or a sausage biscuit.  I typically don't eat breakfast. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

We do one or the other depending on the day. We also do omelets when I have the energy & time (I am not very good at getting them to come out right & I make individual ones so that takes time).

Quoting kirbymom:

Sounds delicious. :)  Do you scramble your eggs or fry them? 

Quoting usmom3:

Breakfast gets made almost every day here, so we normally have bacon/sausage, eggs & toast/biscuits/ cinnamon rolls/oatmeal. 

Tomorrow we will have bacon, eggs & cinnamon rolls. 

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

We usually eat cereal, oatmeal, poptarts, waffles, pancakes, eggs, or cheese toast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN