Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 595 Replies
7 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jody59
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
10 moms liked this

Hi,

My name is Jody. I have been marrried 30 years and have 5 kids: ages: 24, 23 ,21, 19, 16. We home schooled all 5, all the way up. Two are out of college, 2 in college and 1 at home. One married and another getting married in June. We live in Texas.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Jody. :) Welcome to the group. :) 

30 years! That is super fantastic!  I am working on my 18th year myself.  

Quoting Jody59:

Hi,

My name is Jody. I have been marrried 30 years and have 5 kids: ages: 24, 23 ,21, 19, 16. We home schooled all 5, all the way up. Two are out of college, 2 in college and 1 at home. One married and another getting married in June. We live in Texas.

undefined

oredeb
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome jody!!! its great to meet you!! great to meet a veteran homeschooler!!

Quoting Jody59:

Hi,

iluvkids888
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Hi!

My name is Kim.  I am curious about homeschooling and what it takes.  I have an 11 month old BB.  I am trying to see if homeschooling is an option in the future for him.  

Thanks!

oredeb
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
welcome kim and thea!!! come on in and join us!!!!
kaylanjazlyn
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm Kayla! From PA. I am brand new at all of this. I have a 9 year old daughter in 3rd grade, and 2 boys (I'm not their Mom but they do not get called step kids) they are 11 & 8 in 5th grade and 3rd. My daughter is starting cyber school next week.

oredeb
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

welocme kayla!! come on in and join us!

SagaMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi

My name is Robin and I have been homeschooling since 2003 when my daughter ended up a teen mom and the public school she was in said she had to go.  Technically I began homeschooling when my youngest son was born in 2001, he has never been in public school. 

I have 3 living children, Josh 26, Kelsey 23 and Curtis 11.  Miscarried my 2nd child, Justin who would be 25.

I am married to my wonderful husband of almost 15 years, Roger.  Roger is my 2nd husband and we have one child together, the youngest.  Our 2 older children are fom my previous marriage.  Roger and I have 7 grandchildren, 6 girls and 1 boy.  They range in age between 8 to 1

Our youngest son, Curtis is on the Autism Spectrum, he has high functioning autism or Asperger's Syndrome.  We only found out about this when he was 7.5 years old.

momofdlml
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi, I have 4 kids...ages 13, 10, 5, and 4.  I am considering homeschooling my 5 year old for 1st grade next year and my 4 year old for kindergarten next year.  I love to hear stories of homeschooling families and I am looking for some good, sound advice as to whether this would be a good thing for us to do.

JTE11
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello there, my daughter is about to turn two and I know I want to homeschool her eventually but I know nothing about how to actually go about it. I'm hoping to snoop around here and maybe learn a thing or two!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN