Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (101-110):
EnduringWon
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello,

My name is Sheri. I have six children, three boys and three girls. All of them are grown and out of the house but one. She just turned 9 and is in third grade. We homeschool her and use Classical Conversations plus additional curriculum. My daughter has VATERS Association and has come a long way. I have been married for 19 years this May. I look forward to getting to know other homeschoolers.

blesssedwth2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi,

My name is Heather, I have two kids ages 4 ( girl) and 2 ( boy). I am starting my 4 year old in the k-12 program this year. I have already started preschool at home with my 4 year old, and she really enjoys it and is soaking up the material very well. I am looking forward to this program they seem to have a lot to offer. Is there any moms who have their children currently enrolled in this program?
impmprd
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I recently pulled my 1st grader out of school to homeschool him.  My main reason was that the structure of public school was crushing my little guys spirit and labeling him as a problem child.  He is absolutely not, he's a joy!  I actually read a book by Carol Tuttle called "child whisperer" that helped me understand why the school system isn't working for him and it helps me to run our homeschool in a way that he is blossoming!  If you have thought about it, it's probably a good reason to try it.  The Public school system may try to make you feel ike you'll wreck your child by homeschooling, but I found the opposite to be true.  Good luck with your decision and TRUST YOUR GUT!

Kyleerose04
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi

2004TripletMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies!  My name is Charisse, and I am a mother of four (including a set of triplets).  I am considering homeschooling my youngest as she was the only one of my four not excepted in the Charter School in our area.  Since I am strongly considering enrolling my triplets in the Charter School I do not want to send my youngest to another school (as if I don't already have enough on my plate).  Since this is all new to me I have done a lot of research, but the only thing I do not see answers to is how are student's tested.  She will be entering 1st grade when I elect to home school her. 

MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is Sharon.  I am married to a wonderful man, our 2 year anniversary is coming up quickly and hope to add at least 60 more years. I have a 1 1/2 year old boy who will be 2 in August. I have a Plott hound/lab mix and a Peach Face Lovebird.

Cafe MichelleP
Football, football and more football. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Yesterday at 9:09 PM
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Welcome to the group Sheri.

Quoting EnduringWon:

Hello,

My name is Sheri. I have six children, three boys and three girls. All of them are grown and out of the house but one. She just turned 9 and is in third grade. We homeschool her and use Classical Conversations plus additional curriculum. My daughter has VATERS Association and has come a long way. I have been married for 19 years this May. I look forward to getting to know other homeschoolers.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Hi Heather. Welcome to the group. Im glad you joined us.

Quoting blesssedwth2:

Hi,

My name is Heather, I have two kids ages 4 ( girl) and 2 ( boy). I am starting my 4 year old in the k-12 program this year. I have already started preschool at home with my 4 year old, and she really enjoys it and is soaking up the material very well. I am looking forward to this program they seem to have a lot to offer. Is there any moms who have their children currently enrolled in this program?

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! It sounds like you made the absolute perfect decision for your son.

Quoting impmprd:

I recently pulled my 1st grader out of school to homeschool him.  My main reason was that the structure of public school was crushing my little guys spirit and labeling him as a problem child.  He is absolutely not, he's a joy!  I actually read a book by Carol Tuttle called "child whisperer" that helped me understand why the school system isn't working for him and it helps me to run our homeschool in a way that he is blossoming!  If you have thought about it, it's probably a good reason to try it.  The Public school system may try to make you feel ike you'll wreck your child by homeschooling, but I found the opposite to be true.  Good luck with your decision and TRUST YOUR GUT!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Welcome to the group Charisse, we are glad to have you.

Quoting 2004TripletMom:

Hello Ladies!  My name is Charisse, and I am a mother of four (including a set of triplets).  I am considering homeschooling my youngest as she was the only one of my four not excepted in the Charter School in our area.  Since I am strongly considering enrolling my triplets in the Charter School I do not want to send my youngest to another school (as if I don't already have enough on my plate).  Since this is all new to me I have done a lot of research, but the only thing I do not see answers to is how are student's tested.  She will be entering 1st grade when I elect to home school her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)