Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (111-120):
Deanna155
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi!  My name is Deanna.  I have been homeschooling my 4 kids since my oldest was born.  I have 2 boys, ages 11 and 8, and 2 girls, ages 4 and 1.

It's nice to be here!

simple smile

Zade
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

My name is Zade and started homeschooling. I feel a bit lonely as where to start though. Please give me some links or name of great books to start off with. It is so wonderful to find this. I thank all of you for any tiem and help on the info.

Best wishes.

Z

oredeb
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM

welcome squeekers, sheri, heather, impm, kylee, charisse, sharon, deanna, and z!!!!! come on in and join us! come ask questions, answer them, get to know other moms, have fun!!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hello Z and welcome.

If you create a new post asking for advice and resource information, more members will see it and be able to respond more quickly to your request.

Quoting Zade:

Hello,

My name is Zade and started homeschooling. I feel a bit lonely as where to start though. Please give me some links or name of great books to start off with. It is so wonderful to find this. I thank all of you for any tiem and help on the info.

Best wishes.

Z

kmk61
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Karen, I've been homeschooling for 6 yrs. My son Jeremy is 16 and has Aspergers.  We love it.

oredeb
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

welcome karen!!! come on in and join us moms!!!

Quoting kmk61:

Hi, my name is Karen, I've been homeschooling for 6 yrs. My son Jeremy is 16 and has Aspergers.  We love it.

chickauhtree
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Hi everyone - I am Kisha, I am a sahm of 1, married.  I am wanting to home school an would like some pointers on how to start everything.  My daughter will be 4 in March, My hubby an I have been working together an teaching her many basic educational things. Any an all help would be great!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hi Kisha.   Welcome.  :) 

I'm Sonja and am also a sahm,  of 7 ornery children.  lol  

Quoting chickauhtree:

Hi everyone - I am Kisha, I am a sahm of 1, married.  I am wanting to home school an would like some pointers on how to start everything.  My daughter will be 4 in March, My hubby an I have been working together an teaching her many basic educational things. Any an all help would be great!

undefined

tyree08
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM

HI! I'm Jennifer, I am 26 years old. I have an 8 year old son, and a 5 month old daughter. I have started the process of taking my son out of public school and doing K12 / Arizona Virtual Academy. They are an online charter school. I don't think I have what it takes to do 100% on my own home school, I like that this way I still have some teacher support, but I still am in charge of his learning. 

My son has ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder (PDD), and he needs one-on-one support that his school is unable to give at this time. So for now, this is what we will do. Also, in light of all the recent events at schools, I think this is a great alternative. 

I look forward to learning more, and becoming involved with all of you as well! :) 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Hi Jennifer!  It's so nice to have you join us. :)  Welcome! You will fins a few mom's on here that have children on the Spectrum and are doing great.  

I myself have kids that are either ADD or ADHD. My hubby is ADHD and I am ADD,  so our kids are a blend of both.  :)  

Quoting tyree08:

HI! I'm Jennifer, I am 26 years old. I have an 8 year old son, and a 5 month old daughter. I have started the process of taking my son out of public school and doing K12 / Arizona Virtual Academy. They are an online charter school. I don't think I have what it takes to do 100% on my own home school, I like that this way I still have some teacher support, but I still am in charge of his learning. 

My son has ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder (PDD), and he needs one-on-one support that his school is unable to give at this time. So for now, this is what we will do. Also, in light of all the recent events at schools, I think this is a great alternative. 

I look forward to learning more, and becoming involved with all of you as well! :) 

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN