Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (171-180):
BrittO2
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, My name is Brittany. I plan on homeschooling my two children this upcoming school year. My son is bipolar with anti-social tendicies and the first two years in public school for him and been full of problems. We have tried multiple IEPs, with no improvement in his school preformances and he is falling behind in most areas. We are hoping homeschool will help him to catch up and begin enjoying learning.  

klatshaw
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Kim. I am homeschooling for the first time this year, my 13 yr old son. I plan on homeschooling my little guy when he is a bit older. So far we are loving it!!

msmommyx3
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Peggy and I have been married for almost 2 years but have been with him for 11 years. We have 3 amazing kids. 2 girls (almost 7 and 5) and a boy (almost 3). I am trying to homeschool my 7 year old (1st grade) and really have no clue were to even start. I need lots of help.I pulled her out of public school for several reasons.

oredeb
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

welcome kim, brittany and peggy!!! come on in and join us!! lots of moms to talk with!

joni_ehrhart
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi all! My name is Joni and I am a stay at home mom (and wife!) to a soon to be 2 year old tornado. We have always tossed around the idea of homeschooling especially because my husband was homeschooled himself.  Lately...lately...lately we are thinking about making a reality. I have a few concerns?? Maybe someone can ease my mind?? I am worried about social skills. My hubby is very awkward around groups of people and I don't want our son and future kids to have this hardship. Do some people homeschool during the tender early years and send their kids to school around age 10? I am so in need of advice!

oredeb
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM

welcome joni!!

ive homeschooled my kids all the way through school, they are doing fine, they all have people jobs, married, homes, and they all have different personalities, some are more out going, some quieter, and some inbetween! thats their personalities, (i dont know where those kids came from! im very shy and i went to public school!hahhahaaha)

but as for socialization, join a homeschool group, play group, coops are available where homeschool moms get together and teach classes, get togethere with other moms and let kids play,  church group, gymnastic class, spanish class, little league, the y for swimming, any kind of group for some socialization works! theres lots out there!

be sure to come on in and join us and ask your questions there so more moms can give ya some more answers!!

debbie

Quoting joni_ehrhart:

Hi all! My name is Joni and I am a stay at home mom (and wife!) to a soon to be 2 year old tornado. We have always tossed around the idea of homeschooling especially because my husband was homeschooled himself.  Lately...lately...lately we are thinking about making a reality. I have a few concerns?? Maybe someone can ease my mind?? I am worried about social skills. My hubby is very awkward around groups of people and I don't want our son and future kids to have this hardship. Do some people homeschool during the tender early years and send their kids to school around age 10? I am so in need of advice!

Lola670
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi My name is Leila and I am thinking of homeschooling my 8th grader. She's currently in public school and not coping well at all with all the negativity and drama at the school. We are going to be starting counseling for her as well as thinking of homeschooling. I will be taking her out of school March 18th and have no idea where to start!!!! 

Heatherblossom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Heather from Orange County, CA. I started homeschooling my son towards the end of last year. He's at preschool level right now and he is doing very well. I started teaching him at home to prepare him for Kindergarten and to see if I could handle homeschooling and so far, I really like it and so does he! I already signed him up through a local charter school for Kindergarten. I'm also planning to homeschool my two older boys (they'll be in 4th and 6th grade) during the summer to see what it would be like to homeschool all three of them. My husband and I are seriously considering homeschooling my oldest son (age 10) because he isn't doing very well in public school. He has a below C average. He just isn't doing well in that school setting. His shy personality makes it hard for him. Our middle son, on the otherhand (age 8), is excelling in public school. He's a straight A student and is very social, so we don't see a need to homeschool him. Although it might end up being easier if I have them all at home; we will see. 

Anyway, looking forward to meeting all of you!

Heather

DyslexiaParent
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

HI!  My name is Sandy.  I'm a homeschooling mom of two boys and I am nearing the end of our homeschooling time.  My guys were in public school to begin with, but that was a disaster that got worse each passing year!   SO, I initially came to homeschooling reluctantly and really unsure of myself.  Homeschooling was the BEST DECISION we ever made!!  It enabled my boys to achive at unexpected levels and I think I have learned as much as my boys in the process. :-D

SandyKC
M.S. Instructional Design, Homeschooling Mom of "Light of My Life" Boys,
Author, Individualized Instruction Design Consultant

oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

welcome leila, heather and sandy!! come join us!! lots of moms to chat with, laugh with and have fun with!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)