Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
sepedaboyz
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone! My name is Stacy and I am HS'ing both my boys; 8 and 5. This is my 4th year HS'ing! I can't believe that. It's been a crazy ride but I love it so we aren't stopping any time soon.

kimberly1981
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is Kimberly. I am 31 and married (for 12 years) to an over the road truck driver. I am a stay at home (homeschooling) mom of 2 amazing boys with Autism Spectrum Disorders. They are 4 and 11.

jlabadens
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey everyone!

My name is Jen,  stay at home mommy to Caitlyn-13, Andrew-8 and Raegan-5 and wifey to Daniel of 16 years. I dont do homeschooling persay..so i hope its ok i joined this group. We do online schooling at home thru the k12 program. We absolutely love it and actually i hope to transfer over to homeschooling someday soon. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

--Jen

oredeb
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

welcome robin and momof!!! come on in and join us! lots of  hs moms to get to know!!

oredeb
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

welcome jt, stacy, kimberly and jen!!! join us inside! lots of hsing moms to chat with!!!

and jen, theres lots of ways to homeschool, yours is just one of many!! we are glad you joined us!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi iluvkids.  :) Welcome! 

This is going to be weird but I am going to tell you something my hubby said.....

They're only BB's until their teens. Then they're full grown bullets. And I am the pistol who will fire them off into the world.  

*chuckles*  lol  

Quoting iluvkids888:

Hi!

My name is Kim.  I am curious about homeschooling and what it takes.  I have an 11 month old BB.  I am trying to see if homeschooling is an option in the future for him.  

Thanks!

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Now to answer your question....

When your child is 20 years old, do you want him/her to propagate the views, ideals, morals of what you grew up with or do you want them to propagate what society propagates today?  Watch tv for 2 hours before you make your decision. 

Quoting iluvkids888:

Hi!

My name is Kim.  I am curious about homeschooling and what it takes.  I have an 11 month old BB.  I am trying to see if homeschooling is an option in the future for him.  

Thanks!

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Well Hi mommathea. Welcome to the group.  :)  

We do some book work and some unschooling and some structured schooling as well. It just depends on what will work with the current mind set of the day.  

Quoting mommathea:

Hi! I'm Thea. I was a homeschool kid, and now I homeschool my own kids. I have a 4th grader, who age wise is a year ahead in school A 2nd grader A kindergartener And preschooler We do a combination of bookwork and unschoolling. Math and language are our main book work with everything else being much more relaxed.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hi Kayla. Welcome!  :)  

Sometimes blood is not all that determines a parent. :)  

Quoting kaylanjazlyn:

Hi! I'm Kayla! From PA. I am brand new at all of this. I have a 9 year old daughter in 3rd grade, and 2 boys (I'm not their Mom but they do not get called step kids) they are 11 & 8 in 5th grade and 3rd. My daughter is starting cyber school next week.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello SagaMom. Welcome to our group.  :) 

I have seven children who also have never stepped foot inside a public school and never will - God willing. 

Quoting SagaMom:

Hi

My name is Robin and I have been homeschooling since 2003 when my daughter ended up a teen mom and the public school she was in said she had to go.  Technically I began homeschooling when my youngest son was born in 2001, he has never been in public school. 

I have 3 living children, Josh 26, Kelsey 23 and Curtis 11.  Miscarried my 2nd child, Justin who would be 25.

I am married to my wonderful husband of almost 15 years, Roger.  Roger is my 2nd husband and we have one child together, the youngest.  Our 2 older children are fom my previous marriage.  Roger and I have 7 grandchildren, 6 girls and 1 boy.  They range in age between 8 to 1

Our youngest son, Curtis is on the Autism Spectrum, he has high functioning autism or Asperger's Syndrome.  We only found out about this when he was 7.5 years old.

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN