Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (121-130):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Deanna! :) 

I have a niece with that name.  :)  

Quoting Deanna155:

Hi!  My name is Deanna.  I have been homeschooling my 4 kids since my oldest was born.  I have 2 boys, ages 11 and 8, and 2 girls, ages 4 and 1.

It's nice to be here!

simple smile

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Sheri! So nice to meet you. Welcome!  :) 

My name is Sonja and I also have a 9 yr old daughter.  :)  

You will find this group very friendly and full of info and lots of advice.  :) 

Quoting EnduringWon:

Hello,

My name is Sheri. I have six children, three boys and three girls. All of them are grown and out of the house but one. She just turned 9 and is in third grade. We homeschool her and use Classical Conversations plus additional curriculum. My daughter has VATERS Association and has come a long way. I have been married for 19 years this May. I look forward to getting to know other homeschoolers.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Hi Heather. Welcome! 

I think we have a few moms who use the K12 program.  :) 

Quoting blesssedwth2:

Hi,

My name is Heather, I have two kids ages 4 ( girl) and 2 ( boy). I am starting my 4 year old in the k-12 program this year. I have already started preschool at home with my 4 year old, and she really enjoys it and is soaking up the material very well. I am looking forward to this program they seem to have a lot to offer. Is there any moms who have their children currently enrolled in this program?

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Hi!  Welcome to the group.  :) 

I'm glad that your little man is blossoming noe that you are homeschooling him.  

Quoting impmprd:

I recently pulled my 1st grader out of school to homeschool him.  My main reason was that the structure of public school was crushing my little guys spirit and labeling him as a problem child.  He is absolutely not, he's a joy!  I actually read a book by Carol Tuttle called "child whisperer" that helped me understand why the school system isn't working for him and it helps me to run our homeschool in a way that he is blossoming!  If you have thought about it, it's probably a good reason to try it.  The Public school system may try to make you feel ike you'll wreck your child by homeschooling, but I found the opposite to be true.  Good luck with your decision and TRUST YOUR GUT!

You are sooooo right about that! :) 

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Sharon. Welcome to the group.  :) 

I hope you have 60 more years as well.  lol

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Hello, my name is Sharon.  I am married to a wonderful man, our 2 year anniversary is coming up quickly and hope to add at least 60 more years. I have a 1 1/2 year old boy who will be 2 in August. I have a Plott hound/lab mix and a Peach Face Lovebird.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM

And hello to you collimom. :)  Welcome.  

Have you tried asking in the main group yet?  Just pull up a computer screen and make yourself comfortable and ask any question you'd like or even start a conversation or jump into one.  :)

Quoting collimom:

I am in my 5th year of homeschooling my daughter of age 9. I enjoy having her at home and knowing what she is learning and being able to teach her at the level she needs. The biggest struggle for us right now is mulitplications and she hates reciting so any helpfull ideas are welcome : )

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Hi !  :)

Nope. We don't mind at all.  As all the questions you want. :)  

Quoting GiraffeMama:

Hello, I have two girls currently attending school - one 1st grader and one in pre-K. My girls love school but I am increasingly frustrated with standardized teaching philosophies I don't agree with and the enormous amount of time that seems to be spent on behaviour management in group schooling environments. I have researched homeschooling quite a bit over the years, and now just considering if this is the right time for our family to convert. I hope you don't mind me being part of this group so I can absorb some homeschool-parent wisdom and experience, as I work towards making this important decision.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Hi Jenny. Welcome.  :) 

Wow! A home Day Care. That is busy busy busy.  Hard work too.  I have no doubt that you will pull that off while homeschooling. First thing to remember is...have fun!  

Quoting kskn:

Hi ,

My name is Jenny and I am getting ready to attemp homeschooling while running my full time in home daycare business.

Any advice for my situation is much appreciated :)

undefined

1momthreeboys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Hi! I'm April

Jami134
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Jami.  I'm homeschooling my soon to be 9 year old daughter in Texas.  We're sort of accidental home schoolers.  My original intent was to homeschool for a couple years to catch my daughter up to where I think she should be, but now she LIKES home schooling.  I don't know what we are going to do when she gets beyond what I KNOW and am comfortable teaching. O.O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN