Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (141-150):
MobileMom2Four
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Moms...

Newbie here. 3 daughters.  Homeschooling the 2 older ones (grades 4 & 7). Very first school year of homeschooling....

Today I feel like I want to just go back to bed. Crawl under the covers and not come out for a week. 

According to my 4th grader, homeschool is "not fun" and she "wants to go back to (her old public school)."

I am tired.

Any words of advice?

thanks, MM2F

oredeb
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
welcome lana!! congratulations on baby!!! come on in and join us moms!!
oredeb
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM

welcome mobilemom! come on in and join us , we've all been there!!!

Quoting MobileMom2Four:

Hi, Moms...

Newbie here. 3 daughters.  Homeschooling the 2 older ones (grades 4 & 7). Very first school year of homeschooling....

Today I feel like I want to just go back to bed. Crawl under the covers and not come out for a week. 

According to my 4th grader, homeschool is "not fun" and she "wants to go back to (her old public school)."

I am tired.

Any words of advice?

thanks, MM2F

JJay22
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! My name is JJ . I will be married 20 years in October. I have 3 kids; 15,13,&8. I have been homeschooling right along in Pa. I actually came across Cafe Mom in my search for directions for Donna Digestion. Someone posted a bit about it in 2009. So not only excited to have some interaction with adults in this new place but am also wondering if anyone has ever made a Donna Digestion and would so love directions.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Hi JJ! Welcome to the group, we are glad to have you.

If you make a separate post about Donna Digestion, more members will see it and be able to provide you with an answer. Click here to Create a Post.

Quoting JJay22:

Hi there! My name is JJ . I will be married 20 years in October. I have 3 kids; 15,13,&8. I have been homeschooling right along in Pa. I actually came across Cafe Mom in my search for directions for Donna Digestion. Someone posted a bit about it in 2009. So not only excited to have some interaction with adults in this new place but am also wondering if anyone has ever made a Donna Digestion and would so love directions.

velvetgloss
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone

Im a HS mum to my amazing 5 kids, i love every minute of teaching and learning from my children, Homeschooling was the best decision i ever made and i wouldn't change it for the world. We live in the East end of Glasgow in Scotland x

oredeb
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

hi jj!!! welcome to the group!

i just gotta ask you what is a donna digestion??? never heard of it! come on in and join us!!

debbie

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hi JJ! Welcome to the group, we are glad to have you.

If you make a separate post about Donna Digestion, more members will see it and be able to provide you with an answer. Click here to Create a Post.

Quoting JJay22:

oredeb
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

welcome velvet!! great to see you here! i always wondered if its legal to hs in scotland, do you have to follow any rules or law??

come on in and join us we'd love to chat with you!

debbie

Quoting velvetgloss:

Hello everyone

Im a HS mum to my amazing 5 kids, i love every minute of teaching and learning from my children, Homeschooling was the best decision i ever made and i wouldn't change it for the world. We live in the East end of Glasgow in Scotland x

nicole20910
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning,

My name is Nicole. I have been divorce for five years and currently in school full time, and I am in the process of going to medical school. I am interested in removing my daughter from public school and placing her in homeschooling. I am not familiar with the transformation and would like your advise. In addition, do you know any programs or someone in the Fort Lauderdale areas who offers assistance to students who are homeschooling?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nicole

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hello Nicole and welcome to the group!

Feel free to create a post for your question. More moms will see it and be able to offer tips and advice that way.

Quoting nicole20910:

Good morning,

My name is Nicole. I have been divorce for five years and currently in school full time, and I am in the process of going to medical school. I am interested in removing my daughter from public school and placing her in homeschooling. I am not familiar with the transformation and would like your advise. In addition, do you know any programs or someone in the Fort Lauderdale areas who offers assistance to students who are homeschooling?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nicole

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)