Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (181-190):
bnyfofopmknsoup
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, I'm Pearl. I currently have a son in 4th grade and a son in kidnergarden at home. I have been homeschooling on and off since the oldest was in preschool. I am from New York state. I'm glad to join the group. I have so many questions.  

oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome pearl!! come on in and join us!!

Quoting bnyfofopmknsoup:

Hello, I'm Pearl. I currently have a son in 4th grade and a son in kidnergarden at home. I have been homeschooling on and off since the oldest was in preschool. I am from New York state. I'm glad to join the group. I have so many questions.  

DyslexiaParent
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

THANKS for the warm welcome, oredeb! :-D

nmarshall
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

My name is Nicolette and my family started homeschooling 20 years ago when I was going into my freshman year of high school and my younger brother was starting 6th grade.  From the time that we started homeschooling, my parents had 4 more children who never attended a public or private school.  There is a total of 7 of us.  My older sister(the oldest) went to to public school.  I am now 33, and mother of 3.  I homeschool my oldest who is 11 1/2 years old and intend to homeschool my other two when it comes time to do so. I am married to my high school crush.  We met through the homeschooling group we belonged to my freshman year of high school.  He was also homeschooled for high school.  We live in California.

ABusyMomof2
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Monday will start our home schooling adventure! Hi my name is Allison . Mom and wife . Two kids 6 (1st grade) and almost two year old. We are located in Florida
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skylerblue
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi my name is Liz and I live in South Africa. I am home schooling my two teenage children out of need. We arrived here three years ago, after spending eleven years in Europe. We tried schools but the kids could not manage the school system. This year the are on cyber school, my son is do GED level 2 and my daughter is doing GED level 1. I still new to the cyber school program and trying to feel our way. My son who finds school work trying is doing really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome nicolette, allison and liz!!! come on in and join us!! lots of homeschooling moms to get to know!

suzhaz
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
hi my name is Suzann, I have 3 children16,6 and 5. I want to homeschool my two younger ones, this is my first attempt at reaching out to others with experience.
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Welcome Suzann, everyone here has been where you are trying to figureit all out. There is  a lot of great information in old posts but you are more then welcomed to make new ones asking all your questions & concerns you might have.

Quoting suzhaz:

hi my name is Suzann, I have 3 children16,6 and 5. I want to homeschool my two younger ones, this is my first attempt at reaching out to others with experience.

Beachmama34
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! 

I'm Shelley.  I've been married 10 years and have a 7 year old.   We tried public K for a year and decided it wasn't a great fit for us.  Before that we attended a pre-3 and pre-K at our church and loved it.  The student/teacher ration was wonderful for my son with Apraxia.  Two weeks before school started he begged me to homeschool him this year and we haven't looked back.  Since we like to travel a lot it fits our lifestyle.  Some days are challenging but I would not change them for the world.  We are doing Charlotte Mason for next year (which we will start in May) as well as All-About-Spelling & Math-U-See.  We are still looking for an affordable Spanish program and a phonics program that is strong for children with dyslexia (tips&leadswelcome!).  We live in Georgia but spend lots of time on St. George Island in Florida.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN