Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (191-200):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Welcome Shelley!

Quoting Beachmama34:

Hi! 

I'm Shelley.  I've been married 10 years and have a 7 year old.   We tried public K for a year and decided it wasn't a great fit for us.  Before that we attended a pre-3 and pre-K at our church and loved it.  The student/teacher ration was wonderful for my son with Apraxia.  Two weeks before school started he begged me to homeschool him this year and we haven't looked back.  Since we like to travel a lot it fits our lifestyle.  Some days are challenging but I would not change them for the world.  We are doing Charlotte Mason for next year (which we will start in May) as well as All-About-Spelling & Math-U-See.  We are still looking for an affordable Spanish program and a phonics program that is strong for children with dyslexia (tips&leadswelcome!).  We live in Georgia but spend lots of time on St. George Island in Florida.

oredeb
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome suzann and shelley!!

shelley, have you looked at the all about reading curr for phonics? also heres a site to look at scroll toward bottom http://www.thehealthyhomeschool.com/dyslexia

also check this out  http://pridelearningcenter.com/what-is-the-orton-gillingham-approach/ (orton/gillingham)

also spire is recommended

XeraRose
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Hi I'm Sarah, and I have soon to be 5 little ones. We have and plan to homeschool from birth through high school, and even college if need be. My oldest is 9, and middle school range (I say range as I'm not really certain of grades here lol), and I have two preschoolers (ages 3 and 4) and a toddler and soon to be new baby.  We have been home educating officially for about 4 years now, and loving it! Style? all over! Lol! I pick and choose curriculum and method that works for us depending on goals and season of life, and while I have an overall plan of education (for K12!) I'm not going to stress about week-to-week or even year-to-year schedules.. 

oredeb
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

welcome sarah!! congratulations on almost new baby!! come on in and talk to us! lots of hs moms here to get to know!

Quoting XeraRose:

Hi I'm Sarah, and I have soon to be 5 little ones. We have and plan to homeschool from birth through high school, and even college if need be. My oldest is 9, and middle school range (I say range as I'm not really certain of grades here lol), and I have two preschoolers (ages 3 and 4) and a toddler and soon to be new baby.  We have been home educating officially for about 4 years now, and loving it! Style? all over! Lol! I pick and choose curriculum and method that works for us depending on goals and season of life, and while I have an overall plan of education (for K12!) I'm not going to stress about week-to-week or even year-to-year schedules.. 

AvonwithKristin
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

My name is Kristin. I have been married for almost 7 years and I have 4 children. Ages are 7, 6, 3, and 1. I am going to college online, and I just recently started home schooling my 7 year old. I chose to only home school my 7 year old because he was having issues at his other school. (He was getting teased really bad by the other kids, and the teacher wouldn't do anything about it.) I am very excited to be in this group! I hope I will be able to learn a few new things that could help my son and I out with the whole home schooling thing simple smile

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hi Kristin! Welcome to the group. You will find the moms here are really knowledgable and supportive.

Quoting AvonwithKristin:

Hi,

My name is Kristin. I have been married for almost 7 years and I have 4 children. Ages are 7, 6, 3, and 1. I am going to college online, and I just recently started home schooling my 7 year old. I chose to only home school my 7 year old because he was having issues at his other school. (He was getting teased really bad by the other kids, and the teacher wouldn't do anything about it.) I am very excited to be in this group! I hope I will be able to learn a few new things that could help my son and I out with the whole home schooling thing simple smile

oredeb
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM

welcome kristin!! come on in and join us hs moms!!

Quoting AvonwithKristin:

Hi,

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hi April.  :)  Nice to have you here. 

Quoting 1momthreeboys:

Hi! I'm April

shaharv
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi!! My name is Shawna and I'm new to the group. I am 36 years old and have been married for 9 1/2 years:) We have 4 beautiful children and have come to our senses and decided to homeschool our 2 oldest! Yay:) but...HELP!!! We (I should say "I" since I'm going to be "teaching") are starting from scratch and I need a little guidance. I'm unsure of where to start. Any suggestions on curriculums or how you manage/schedule your time? Any and all suggestions are welcome! I'm excited to be in this group. Hope to chit-chat soon:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Hi Shawna! :)  

Quoting shaharv:

Hi!! My name is Shawna and I'm new to the group. I am 36 years old and have been married for 9 1/2 years:) We have 4 beautiful children and have come to our senses and decided to homeschool our 2 oldest! Yay:) but...HELP!!! We (I should say "I" since I'm going to be "teaching") are starting from scratch and I need a little guidance. I'm unsure of where to start. Any suggestions on curriculums or how you manage/schedule your time? Any and all suggestions are welcome! I'm excited to be in this group. Hope to chit-chat soon:)

Come on in and pull up a chair and sip some coffee or whatever is your choice of liquid and ask and share anything to your hearts content.  There are many moms on here that are wonderful and have some awesome ideas to toss around and share.   How old are your children? I have 7 of my own.  :)  

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN