Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hi momofdlml.  Welcome! :)  

Well my dear, since I am a homeschooling mom, I would say that you would be making the most wonderful decision of a lifetime.  I have been homeschoolin 7 children for the last 12/13 years but have also been homeschooling for about 20 years.  If the whole family is on board with the homeschooling idea, then it can be the most wonderful adventure in the world. You get a closeness with the family that you wouldn't ordinarily experience any other way.  :)  

Quoting momofdlml:

Hi, I have 4 kids...ages 13, 10, 5, and 4.  I am considering homeschooling my 5 year old for 1st grade next year and my 4 year old for kindergarten next year.  I love to hear stories of homeschooling families and I am looking for some good, sound advice as to whether this would be a good thing for us to do.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Hello yourself! Welcome! :)  

You may *snoop* as long as you wish, but I hope you pull up a chair and get comfy and join the conversations that are always happening. lol  :)  

Quoting JTE11:

Hello there, my daughter is about to turn two and I know I want to homeschool her eventually but I know nothing about how to actually go about it. I'm hoping to snoop around here and maybe learn a thing or two!

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Why hello right back atchya Stacy! Welcome to our group.  :)  

Crazy can be the best thing to happen to a family, if you ask me!  LOL  

Quoting sepedaboyz:

Hello everyone! My name is Stacy and I am HS'ing both my boys; 8 and 5. This is my 4th year HS'ing! I can't believe that. It's been a crazy ride but I love it so we aren't stopping any time soon.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Hi Kimberly. Welcome to the group.  :)

My name is Sonja and I hope you grab a cup of coffee and join in any and all of the conversations we have going on in here.  :) 

Quoting kimberly1981:

Hello, my name is Kimberly. I am 31 and married (for 12 years) to an over the road truck driver. I am a stay at home (homeschooling) mom of 2 amazing boys with Autism Spectrum Disorders. They are 4 and 11.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi Jen! Welcome!  :) 

Do you have any ideas of what you are looking for, if you transfer from your K12 program to full blown homeschooling?  You may ask any question that stalks your mind. lol We love to converse in here. :)  

Quoting jlabadens:

Hey everyone!

My name is Jen,  stay at home mommy to Caitlyn-13, Andrew-8 and Raegan-5 and wifey to Daniel of 16 years. I dont do homeschooling persay..so i hope its ok i joined this group. We do online schooling at home thru the k12 program. We absolutely love it and actually i hope to transfer over to homeschooling someday soon. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

--Jen

undefined

myfirstloves
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm 26. I'm a sahm to our 7 year old daughter, and one on the way. We've been homeschooling from the get go, one way or another. I hope, pray & plan to continue hsing her throughout her school years. I'm married to Michael; he's 31, we've been together for almost 9 years now. He supports me fully in my hs decisions, which is amazing.

We live in North Florida. Not a lot of other hs families in our little area. The only one we know personally is my mother, father and little brother, lol. My brother and I are 14 years apart. We live next to my parents so my dd is growing up with her Uncle as her hs buddy and best friend, they are 6 years apart. :)

I thought I already made an intro on here, but I didn't see it when I scrolled through. I guess that's my pregnancy brain. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Well, a most hearty Welcome to you Ashley.  :)  

My name is Sonja aka kirbymom. 

Congrats on the new one coming.  How does your daughter feel about a new brother or sister?  

I think that your daughter and her uncle being homeschool buddies is awesome.  At least you don't have to worry about knowing who her *friend* is and how they behave.  

Quoting myfirstloves:

Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm 26. I'm a sahm to our 7 year old daughter, and one on the way. We've been homeschooling from the get go, one way or another. I hope, pray & plan to continue hsing her throughout her school years. I'm married to Michael; he's 31, we've been together for almost 9 years now. He supports me fully in my hs decisions, which is amazing.

We live in North Florida. Not a lot of other hs families in our little area. The only one we know personally is my mother, father and little brother, lol. My brother and I are 14 years apart. We live next to my parents so my dd is growing up with her Uncle as her hs buddy and best friend, they are 6 years apart. :)

I thought I already made an intro on here, but I didn't see it when I scrolled through. I guess that's my pregnancy brain. lol 

undefined

myfirstloves
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Thank you Sonja for the hearty welcome. :D

Thank you, my daughter is genuinely happy about her new sister and her approaching arrival.

Having my brother as her hs buddy has it's ups and downs lol. Some days I wish he didn't live so close, then others I am glad he came around for that day. :)

Quoting kirbymom:e 

Congrats on the new one coming.  How does your daughter feel about a new brother or sister?  

I think that your daughter and her uncle being homeschool buddies is awesome.  At least you don't have to worry about knowing who her *friend* is and how they behave.  

Quoting myfirstloves:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Your very welcome. :)  

If you don't mind my asking, which one of them is older?  And, who likes to do the leading the most?  

Quoting myfirstloves:

Thank you, my daughter is genuinely happy about her new sister and her approaching arrival.

Having my brother as her hs buddy has it's ups and downs lol. Some days I wish he didn't live so close, then others I am glad he came around for that day. :)

Quoting myfirstloves:

myfirstloves
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My brother is the oldest; he just turned 13. He's more of the leader, but she's not a pushover, lol. She looks up to him. I am always with them when they interact. I do have to remind him to let her lead. They are more like siblings than uncle and niece. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Your very welcome. :)  

If you don't mind my asking, which one of them is older?  And, who likes to do the leading the most?  

Quoting myfirstloves:

Quoting myfirstloves:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN