Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (241-250):
BluntlyBlue
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm Brenda. I live on the Florida Space Coast. I'm looking into home schooling my youngest. He's 5 1/2 and autistic, and I don't feel the local school system is a good fit for him right now.

All my grown kids went through the public school system, and I don't know my rear end from a hole in the ground when it comes to home schooling. I'll probably be a big lurker, prowling y'alls posts for advice and info, but y'all can still feel free to holler my way :-D

Ebonyjewel28
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Good morning, I'm Johari a mother of 5, and I home school 3 little ones now. My oldest is in High school & my stepsons mom doesn't want me to teach him! I'm looking forward to making great friendships and connections to help guide me and these awesome minds im molding! And of course anything I have to share I will! Have a great day & week Mommies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emad84
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone! I am desperate for advice in the HS department!! I have a daughter in public kindergarten but am not planning on keeping her in Public school next year. I also have another 5 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old that I have been staying home with. We live in a small town so I joined a Christian Homeschool Association in a larger town nearby for my younger kiddos. Not sure how beneficial it has been or will be?! Also, I really need advice from seasoned HS Mommies and New HS Moms! Curriculum -affordable, but good? Also, homeschooling multiple siblings at once- advice? I have been into a few Stores that carry curriculum and it makes my head spin...I start to feel nervous and unable to provide all the materials they will need! There are just so many! Can anyone tell me the basics...what to spend money on and what not to?..Thank You for reading! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Oh, and we are in Texas!
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hello and welcome.

Have you posted your questions in a separate post? If it is posted separately, more members will see it and be able to provide you with resources and what they have used.

Quoting Sebastian662:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have been in search for the best online home school curriculum.

Any thoughts on public K-12 compared to the private on line schools.

I live in a community that seems to have a lot to offer I am just now seeking full time the information.

My son is just not a good fit for public or private or Montessori we have tried them all.

He is funny and so smart just disconnected with the traditional of public and private and the Montessori that we chose was not a good fit. Although I truly believe it benefits many children.

Back to my question.

My next and most important step is the right curriculum that is available .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Still learning,

Chakra221

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Hello Kayla. Welcome to Homeschooling Moms.

My husband also works 30 days at a time out of town. I imagine you keep really busy with the little ones while he is gone.

Quoting myownparadise:

Hi! I am Kayla. I am a 24 year old mom to two beautiful little girls. Makynzie will be 5 in April, and Dallas will be 4 in July. We live in Georgia, and my husband works on a tugboat in Louisiana. He is gone for 30 days at a time, so I have a very different life than most married women. His job, while causing him to be away for so long at a time, affords us the ability for me to e a stay at home mom. I am very thankful for that. There is a 13 year age difference between the two of us. We decided that I should homeschool our daughters, and I can do so while furthering my education with college online. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Hello Brenda! Welcome to the group. Feel free to jump right in. There is a lot of information in this group and even more knowledgable moms. If you have a question about anything, please don't hesitate to ask. The moms here are a great resource themselves and always ready to offer suggestions or advice.

Quoting BluntlyBlue:

Hi, I'm Brenda. I live on the Florida Space Coast. I'm looking into home schooling my youngest. He's 5 1/2 and autistic, and I don't feel the local school system is a good fit for him right now.

All my grown kids went through the public school system, and I don't know my rear end from a hole in the ground when it comes to home schooling. I'll probably be a big lurker, prowling y'alls posts for advice and info, but y'all can still feel free to holler my way :-D

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Johari, we are glad to have you.

Quoting Ebonyjewel28:

Good morning, I'm Johari a mother of 5, and I home school 3 little ones now. My oldest is in High school & my stepsons mom doesn't want me to teach him! I'm looking forward to making great friendships and connections to help guide me and these awesome minds im molding! And of course anything I have to share I will! Have a great day & week Mommies!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Welcome to the group. Have you posted your questions in a separate post? Doing so will guarntee more homeschooling moms will see it and be able to offer advice and suggestions.

Quoting emad84:

Hello everyone! I am desperate for advice in the HS department!! I have a daughter in public kindergarten but am not planning on keeping her in Public school next year. I also have another 5 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old that I have been staying home with. We live in a small town so I joined a Christian Homeschool Association in a larger town nearby for my younger kiddos. Not sure how beneficial it has been or will be?! Also, I really need advice from seasoned HS Mommies and New HS Moms! Curriculum -affordable, but good? Also, homeschooling multiple siblings at once- advice? I have been into a few Stores that carry curriculum and it makes my head spin...I start to feel nervous and unable to provide all the materials they will need! There are just so many! Can anyone tell me the basics...what to spend money on and what not to?..Thank You for reading! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Oh, and we are in Texas!

myownparadise
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thank you! I do keep busy with my girls! They enjoy going to the park, shopping, and riding around! Its generally fun! What does your husband do?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hello Kayla. Welcome to Homeschooling Moms.

My husband also works 30 days at a time out of town. I imagine you keep really busy with the little ones while he is gone.

Quoting myownparadise:

Hi! I am Kayla. I am a 24 year old mom to two beautiful little girls. Makynzie will be 5 in April, and Dallas will be 4 in July. We live in Georgia, and my husband works on a tugboat in Louisiana. He is gone for 30 days at a time, so I have a very different life than most married women. His job, while causing him to be away for so long at a time, affords us the ability for me to e a stay at home mom. I am very thankful for that. There is a 13 year age difference between the two of us. We decided that I should homeschool our daughters, and I can do so while furthering my education with college online. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

trendy2
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Hi my name is Amy. I am a new SAHM of almost one year. I have three children. Ages 6, 5, and 7.5 months. My oldest will complete K this year and my 5yo is attending preschool. I am interested in HS them both. I know nothing about where to start or if I can do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)