Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (251-260):
mom2boys1997
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I am Penny. I am homeschooling my two teen boys, ages 13 ND 15. I JUST FOUND OUT WE ARE MOVING TO FL FROM AL.  I WOULD LOVE  to learn more about homeschooling in FL. What I have researched it seems to be much more difficult than in AL.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My husband works EP for a company in Virginia but travels throughtout the United States.  We live in Texas, so his schedule is 30 days on, 30 days off.

Quoting myownparadise:

Thank you! I do keep busy with my girls! They enjoy going to the park, shopping, and riding around! Its generally fun! What does your husband do?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hello Kayla. Welcome to Homeschooling Moms.

My husband also works 30 days at a time out of town. I imagine you keep really busy with the little ones while he is gone.

Quoting myownparadise:

Hi! I am Kayla. I am a 24 year old mom to two beautiful little girls. Makynzie will be 5 in April, and Dallas will be 4 in July. We live in Georgia, and my husband works on a tugboat in Louisiana. He is gone for 30 days at a time, so I have a very different life than most married women. His job, while causing him to be away for so long at a time, affords us the ability for me to e a stay at home mom. I am very thankful for that. There is a 13 year age difference between the two of us. We decided that I should homeschool our daughters, and I can do so while furthering my education with college online. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Im Katrina I have two sons 4 years old and a 3 year old. My older one is going to be in kindergarden and Im going to start home schooling him, Im new to it but excited, I was going to wait till after kindergarden but im told its a fun grade to homeschool so im excited to try it.  My younger one birthday is sept 10 so he cant got to school yet but I still want to work with him as well. He has speech and some O.T. so I think homeschooling will be best for him so he can learn the way he needs too

vicki.wdt
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello my name is Vicki and I live in Michigan with my husband and twin boys that are 9 years old.  We have been homeschooling all of their school life. My husband is an over the road truck driver so we are on our own ALOT.  Some days I feel like a single mom.  I love having my boys home with me all the time.  We have a great relationship. 

vicki.wdt
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi my name is Vicki and I have been married to my husband for 25 years.  We have 5 children ages 38, 35, 31 and 9 year old twin boys. :)  We have only started homeschooling since we have had the twins.  I love it.  We also have 11 grand kids.  I love being an older mom.  Things are so different when you have kids at an older age, at least they are for me. 

BluntlyBlue
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Old, starting over mom here too (and first time homeschooler). My then-youngest was 16 when I got pregnant with J. I wouldn't change a thing about being an older mom ... well, except the menopause, that made the ferocious fours even worse :-D

Quoting vicki.wdt:

Hi my name is Vicki and I have been married to my husband for 25 years.  We have 5 children ages 38, 35, 31 and 9 year old twin boys. :)  We have only started homeschooling since we have had the twins.  I love it.  We also have 11 grand kids.  I love being an older mom.  Things are so different when you have kids at an older age, at least they are for me. 

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to all our new Moms!

Stacey833
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Homeschooling Mom of 3 years.   Looking forward to getting advice and maybe offering some, myself?  My biggest worry is the lack of social interaction with other children her own age, but other than that I have a straight A student now for the past 3 years.  

Busymommy1975
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello, My name is Dawn and I am a busy mom to four teenage girls ages 19,16,14,& 13. I homeschool both my 16 and 13 yr old daughters. I also am a full time college student entering my senior year. I am going for my bachelors in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and will be also getting my certification in secondary education for Texas so that I can teach high school. My oldest dd is a freshman at the same school, UT at San Antonio. My 14 yr old does not wish to be homeschooled, so she is still at the public high school.

Momof697
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am new My name is Deb. I am dairy farmers wife, We have 6 kids One is out of the nest. the 5 at home have only been homeschooled. My children's ages are b20,g14,b12,g11,b10,g7.     The 20 yr old is out of the house. My 14 yr old wants to be a summer missionary this summer. my boys are horrible at school the girls just do it and get it done.  My boys think it is lolligaging time. or time to watch the dust in the air. Trying to get them to do school in a timely manner is hard.  We have the school day set up differently now.  after breakfast I school the girls while the boys are outside helping dad farm. then we eat supper and the boys come in to do school and girls go out.  which makes school longer and I am not sure that I really like it but that is what it is right now. 

I am a christian, husband loving, homeschooling, farmers wife. while it is a tough job I love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)