Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (261-270):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you.

Quoting Stacey833:

Homeschooling Mom of 3 years.   Looking forward to getting advice and maybe offering some, myself?  My biggest worry is the lack of social interaction with other children her own age, but other than that I have a straight A student now for the past 3 years.  

Angel892295
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I am Angel. I have a one year old and four year old daughter, two and half year old boy. I have been thinking to homeschool my kids since last year for their spiritual growth.  I have bought a homeschool curriculum for my 2.5 year old boy, but i also send him to a homesetting preschool two times a week.  I am not sure if I should stop him from going to school and just homeschool him totally or maybe just homeschool him for three days a weekto start.  In the mean time, my four year old daughter goes to the same preschool three times a week. How do I teach my kids when they are all at home?  How do you guys start homeschooling your kids? How do you know if you cover all subjects while doing it? How do you manage your time for chores, grocery shopping, and teaching your kids at the same time. I am so afraid that I am not gonna do a good job homeschooling my kids...

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM

welcome Hi Angel. Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you.

Quoting Angel892295:

Hi,

I am Angel. I have a one year old and four year old daughter, two and half year old boy. I have been thinking to homeschool my kids since last year for their spiritual growth.  I have bought a homeschool curriculum for my 2.5 year old boy, but i also send him to a homesetting preschool two times a week.  I am not sure if I should stop him from going to school and just homeschool him totally or maybe just homeschool him for three days a weekto start.  In the mean time, my four year old daughter goes to the same preschool three times a week. How do I teach my kids when they are all at home?  How do you guys start homeschooling your kids? How do you know if you cover all subjects while doing it? How do you manage your time for chores, grocery shopping, and teaching your kids at the same time. I am so afraid that I am not gonna do a good job homeschooling my kids...

vgmomof2grtkds
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Veronica.  I am a married mother of two children.  Starting in September, we will be homeschooling our DD11.  She will be an incoming 7th grader.  The school we are going through has classes 2 days per week at their facility.  Being that I am a homeschooling noob, please feel free to pass along any advice or tips, as they will all be welcome.  :)

LadeeBellaDonna
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Howdy, I'm Donna. I'm also one that will be going on the venture of homeshooling my youngins. I have 5 kids, 4 of them I plan on homeschooling starting next year (one lives with her BM <-- I hate that abbreviation but it is the truth). I -want- to do my own curriculum with all of them but I'm very new at all this and I'm afraid I will mess it up completely! So I decided to go with online courses for the first little bit until I get more comfortable with homeschooling OR I find something better. I'm really excited about it and the benefits of homeschooling. Every day I feel more happy and confident in my choice. Plus the kids are super excited too! I'm always looking for resources and anything that can help, most especially inexpensive or free is even better, because we do live on a budget and can't afford these crazy prices for curriculums and studies. Plus I really want to be prepared (if that's even possible, LOL)!

Titus2momof3
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, My name is Morgan and I am a  30-year-old christian wife and homeschooling mom of three little blessings (2, 4, and 6).  This is my first year homeschooling, as my oldest would have started public school kindergarten this past fall.  My second child will be 5 in September so I will then officially start homeschooling her next year:)

I am looking for to make friends and to give and recieve support in the many challenges of homeschooling!  I am also considering using the weaver curriculum this fall, so if any of you uses this, please let me know what you think of it:)

Thanks, Morgan

loving_my_two
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Shonte' & Im looking for new friends since I dont have any around me in my area.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hello Veronica. Welcome to the group. We have new homeschoolers joining everyday, so feel free to jump right in with questions or anything else.

Quoting vgmomof2grtkds:

My name is Veronica.  I am a married mother of two children.  Starting in September, we will be homeschooling our DD11.  She will be an incoming 7th grader.  The school we are going through has classes 2 days per week at their facility.  Being that I am a homeschooling noob, please feel free to pass along any advice or tips, as they will all be welcome.  :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Welcome to the group Donna.

Quoting LadeeBellaDonna:

Howdy, I'm Donna. I'm also one that will be going on the venture of homeshooling my youngins. I have 5 kids, 4 of them I plan on homeschooling starting next year (one lives with her BM <-- I hate that abbreviation but it is the truth). I -want- to do my own curriculum with all of them but I'm very new at all this and I'm afraid I will mess it up completely! So I decided to go with online courses for the first little bit until I get more comfortable with homeschooling OR I find something better. I'm really excited about it and the benefits of homeschooling. Every day I feel more happy and confident in my choice. Plus the kids are super excited too! I'm always looking for resources and anything that can help, most especially inexpensive or free is even better, because we do live on a budget and can't afford these crazy prices for curriculums and studies. Plus I really want to be prepared (if that's even possible, LOL)!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Welcome to the group Morgan.

Quoting Titus2momof3:

Hi, My name is Morgan and I am a  30-year-old christian wife and homeschooling mom of three little blessings (2, 4, and 6).  This is my first year homeschooling, as my oldest would have started public school kindergarten this past fall.  My second child will be 5 in September so I will then officially start homeschooling her next year:)

I am looking for to make friends and to give and recieve support in the many challenges of homeschooling!  I am also considering using the weaver curriculum this fall, so if any of you uses this, please let me know what you think of it:)

Thanks, Morgan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)