Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (271-280):
NeneMama
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone! I am the 2nd mom to 6 children. I live with my sister and brother-in-law and have been helping them raise the children for over 10 years. My BIL was military and spent many years overseas, so I was the other parent.

We homeschool the children, ages 5 to 17, and have been doing it for 8 years. Two of the children have autism, which is a big challenge.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Welcome to the group.

Quoting NeneMama:

Hi everyone! I am the 2nd mom to 6 children. I live with my sister and brother-in-law and have been helping them raise the children for over 10 years. My BIL was military and spent many years overseas, so I was the other parent.

We homeschool the children, ages 5 to 17, and have been doing it for 8 years. Two of the children have autism, which is a big challenge.

Bloom4ever
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

not officially homeschooling yet...(by state requirements anyways) but my kids are 4.5yrs, 3yrs, and 19months...I know I will be homeschooling and have been working with my oldest 2 already just nothing "official" yet...I'm hoping I can learn somethings before my oldest reaches 7yrs old (Which is when she has to be officially in school) I've done a lot of research already but always glad to hear what others have done especially in my state! I'm in Minnesota...and my name is Betsy

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Welcome to the group.

Quoting Bloom4ever:

not officially homeschooling yet...(by state requirements anyways) but my kids are 4.5yrs, 3yrs, and 19months...I know I will be homeschooling and have been working with my oldest 2 already just nothing "official" yet...I'm hoping I can learn somethings before my oldest reaches 7yrs old (Which is when she has to be officially in school) I've done a lot of research already but always glad to hear what others have done especially in my state! I'm in Minnesota...and my name is Betsy

fairymom82
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I am Danni and have 2boys I will be schooling for the first time at home. They will be in 3rd and 4th grade. I have been married 10years and my DH supports this option. I can't wait to learn fron the ones who have been doing this a while
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kittykister
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi - My name is Julie.  Hubby and I have 2 boys, ages 28 and 14.  The youngest has been homeschooled since 4th grade.  He will be starting 9th grade in August and we plan on homeschooling through high school.

Nice to be part of the group!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Welcome to the group Danni!

Quoting fairymom82:

Hi I am Danni and have 2boys I will be schooling for the first time at home. They will be in 3rd and 4th grade. I have been married 10years and my DH supports this option. I can't wait to learn fron the ones who have been doing this a while

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Welcome Julie

Quoting kittykister:

Hi - My name is Julie.  Hubby and I have 2 boys, ages 28 and 14.  The youngest has been homeschooled since 4th grade.  He will be starting 9th grade in August and we plan on homeschooling through high school.

Nice to be part of the group!

LavenderMom23
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm Michelle and I'm 28 years old. I've been married almost 9 years and have four beautiful children: 1 , 2, 7, 8 yrs old. I homeschool two seperate grades K and 2nd this year. I use Seton Home Study program and supplement it whenever opportunity knocks (that's God's lesson plan.) I am raising one special needs daughter with ADHD and ODD. (Public school could never teach her the way I can! So much for blue ribbon exemplary public school meaning anything.) Although most likely I will put my kids into public high school for the college prepping they do and getting them used to a classroom system. I am strongly Catholic and quite vocal. I hope to meet and enjoy many moms in this group.

"The task of giving education is rooted in the primary vocation of married couples to participate in God's creative activity..." Pope John Paul II

oredeb
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

welcome nenemama, betsy, danni, julie and michelle!! so happy to have you join the group of fantastic homeschoolin moms!! come on in and meet us!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)