Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (301-310):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Welcome! I don't stress about the social interaction. In fact, for the first several years we did virtually no peer interaction. Then we joined a co-op that meets once per week for 2 12 week sessions. That's more my speed...lol...

Quoting Stacey833:

Homeschooling Mom of 3 years.   Looking forward to getting advice and maybe offering some, myself?  My biggest worry is the lack of social interaction with other children her own age, but other than that I have a straight A student now for the past 3 years.  

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

brennan5882300
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Thank you so much--I CRAVE guidance!!!  :) 

Quoting KickButtMama:

Welcome! I'm Shannon and I've been hsing my boys since my eldest - who is also ASD/PDD/SPD - since he was a toddler. I look to how comfortable he is in his learning environment, and the fact that he's 100% confident - because he is never ridiculed. He's going to be 12 this year. This past semester he did a monalogue in a theater class! I was so proud. Let me know if I can ever help in any way!

Shannon

Quoting brennan5882300:

Hi I'm Kristin.  I am not homeschooling yet, but plan to do full or partial for middle school.  My son has ASD/PDD-NOS (autism spretrum disorder/pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified).  He has been in public school since age 3 and is now 11.  His reading comprehension is very low despite his ability to decode very well, so that is going to be our focus starting this summer.

I joined this board last week, and already have been very encouraged by reading the posts!  Thanks!

ProudAFWifeNMom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I apologize it took me so long to respond. But thank you for the welcome. I am exicited to get our journey underway.

gamermom78
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is Leslie, and I just started homeschooling my kindergartner. I guess I could just use any help or advice on how to do this. There were issues at school, so my husband and I thought it better to let our son finish the rest of the school year at home, and so I decided to homeschool him. We do plan on sending him back to school for 1st grade in September. But for now he's home. I asked the school for help, but I still haven't received an answer or reply back from them. 

Feeling a little lost....could use some advice!!

txfreedomlover
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello homeschool unschool moms IM a homeschool mom and proud of it

homemom1975
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello to everyone,

Im lety, I have a 14 year old son and ive been homeschooling him since he was in third grade, I have just moved to the Orlando Florida area and I am looking for a place that homeschoolers gather for support for him, but I have not found anything, I even checked with my church and they have nothing, I just joined here today and see if I can get any help with different things about homeschooling and if anyone knows about any gathering palces for my son to interact with other homeschoolers in Orlando Florida...

AJ-47
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello! I'm AJ. I live in New Mexico, where I am also from originally. I have been Homeschooling my almost six year old Son since Preschool (age 4). We both enjoy it and have a blast! JJ is very sociable, which baffles people who find out He is Homeschooled. He is also very intelligent and 1-2 grades ahead of His actual grade (Kindergarten), which doesn't surprise people who find out He is Homeschooled. lol. He has been reading since before Kindergarten, and currently reads at a third grade level (He LOVES chapter books). He also prefers to watch educational TV channels (We only watch TV in the evening) like History Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, etc. I am very proud of my Kiddo and His love for learning! We are very excited to be Homeschooling again this upcoming school year, and already have the first grade curriculum (it just came in yesterday)! But as usual, I'll be supplementing with higher grade work, as most of the curriculum is much too easy for Him. It's going to be another fun and extra educational year for my brilliant Boy!
YoungAuthors
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I am a 3rd grade teacher currently and have been teaching for 13 years in a public school. I was a literacy tutor for 2 years and taught grades kindergarten through 3rd also 7th grade language arts.  I have a strong background in literacy. I worked closely in study groups with Bank Street College of Education in NY. There was a collaboration with my school for over 8 years.  I also had 13 years training with Children Literacy Institute. I started youngauthorstreasurebox.com because o my passion for reading and writing and strong belief that there is a genre, author or theme that will captivate every child, they just have to be exposed in a creative way. I also believe good readers become great writers by studying the crafts of writing by experienced authors.   I have a masters education, administration and supervision and just started my own subscription box company youngauthorstreasurebox.com for young children grades k-6.  

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Welcome Leslie

Quoting gamermom78:

Hello, my name is Leslie, and I just started homeschooling my kindergartner. I guess I could just use any help or advice on how to do this. There were issues at school, so my husband and I thought it better to let our son finish the rest of the school year at home, and so I decided to homeschool him. We do plan on sending him back to school for 1st grade in September. But for now he's home. I asked the school for help, but I still haven't received an answer or reply back from them. 

Feeling a little lost....could use some advice!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Hi! Glad to have you.

Quoting txfreedomlover:

Hello homeschool unschool moms IM a homeschool mom and proud of it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)