Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (311-320):
Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Welcome Lety. 

Quoting homemom1975:

Hello to everyone,

Im lety, I have a 14 year old son and ive been homeschooling him since he was in third grade, I have just moved to the Orlando Florida area and I am looking for a place that homeschoolers gather for support for him, but I have not found anything, I even checked with my church and they have nothing, I just joined here today and see if I can get any help with different things about homeschooling and if anyone knows about any gathering palces for my son to interact with other homeschoolers in Orlando Florida...

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group AJ. 

Quoting AJ-47:

Hello! I'm AJ. I live in New Mexico, where I am also from originally. I have been Homeschooling my almost six year old Son since Preschool (age 4). We both enjoy it and have a blast! JJ is very sociable, which baffles people who find out He is Homeschooled. He is also very intelligent and 1-2 grades ahead of His actual grade (Kindergarten), which doesn't surprise people who find out He is Homeschooled. lol. He has been reading since before Kindergarten, and currently reads at a third grade level (He LOVES chapter books). He also prefers to watch educational TV channels (We only watch TV in the evening) like History Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, etc. I am very proud of my Kiddo and His love for learning! We are very excited to be Homeschooling again this upcoming school year, and already have the first grade curriculum (it just came in yesterday)! But as usual, I'll be supplementing with higher grade work, as most of the curriculum is much too easy for Him. It's going to be another fun and extra educational year for my brilliant Boy!

AJ-47
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Thank you, Michelle!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Welcome to the group AJ. 

Quoting AJ-47:

Hello! I'm AJ. I live in New Mexico, where I am also from originally. I have been Homeschooling my almost six year old Son since Preschool (age 4). We both enjoy it and have a blast! JJ is very sociable, which baffles people who find out He is Homeschooled. He is also very intelligent and 1-2 grades ahead of His actual grade (Kindergarten), which doesn't surprise people who find out He is Homeschooled. lol. He has been reading since before Kindergarten, and currently reads at a third grade level (He LOVES chapter books). He also prefers to watch educational TV channels (We only watch TV in the evening) like History Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, etc. I am very proud of my Kiddo and His love for learning! We are very excited to be Homeschooling again this upcoming school year, and already have the first grade curriculum (it just came in yesterday)! But as usual, I'll be supplementing with higher grade work, as most of the curriculum is much too easy for Him. It's going to be another fun and extra educational year for my brilliant Boy!

oredeb
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

welcome lety and AJ!!! come on in and join us all!!

TNmommy103
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My name is Kayla, and I am very interested in homeschooling my son in a couple years. He's way too young right now, but I thought I should start researching everything about homeschool before I attempt to dive into it! I'm excited to read about others' experiences! :)
Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Welcome to the group Kayla. It is never too early to start preparing.

Quoting TNmommy103:

My name is Kayla, and I am very interested in homeschooling my son in a couple years. He's way too young right now, but I thought I should start researching everything about homeschool before I attempt to dive into it! I'm excited to read about others' experiences! :)

lvmykids3145
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have been homeschooln my son for almost 3 months now and he is not wanting to learn to read. Are there any helpful ideas anyone can share....I will be enrolling him in chickasha elementary for 2013-2014 school year. He will be starting 1st grade.

kellie4280
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Kellie and I am trying homeschool for the summer with my daughter over the summer to try and help her

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Welcome to the group. Have you made a new post for your questions? That way more members will see it and be able to offer you advice.

Quoting lvmykids3145:

Hi, I have been homeschooln my son for almost 3 months now and he is not wanting to learn to read. Are there any helpful ideas anyone can share....I will be enrolling him in chickasha elementary for 2013-2014 school year. He will be starting 1st grade.

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Welcome Kellie

Quoting kellie4280:

Hi my name is Kellie and I am trying homeschool for the summer with my daughter over the summer to try and help her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN