Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (321-330):
NANA9259
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I'm Nana9259, I have 2 grown daughters and 3 grandchildren. My youngest granddaughter is 6 and the school system wants her to repeat kindergarten. She knew more when she started kindergarten than she does now. I have almost convinced my daughter to Home School her. 

We just need a little guidance, the best and least expensive programs? Can we mix programs for different subjects? 

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

momfirms
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello All,

My name is Terry and I have a toddler Micah and am expecting another little boy in July of this year. I had decided to home school way before even being pregenant with my first, because I wanted my children to be able to explore the things they loved to do without having to constantly be taken out of school. 

I live in Quebec (French Canada) which will be challenging as I will have to teach my children both French and English even though I have only ever gone to all English schools myself.

oredeb
by debbie on May. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

welcome nana and terry!! come on in and join us!! lots of moms offer help and friendship!

Leahsmom2007
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone!

My husband and thought about homeschooling for a while, and have decided that it is for us. My daughter is currently finishing up her last few weeks of kindergarten in public school. I'm going to start homeschooling her for 1st grade in the fall. She tenatively has ADD so one-on-one teaching will help her a lot.  (Not formally diagnosed yet, but her pediatrician said probably) We also have a 4-year-old son and an 11-month-old daughter. I have already read some great resources and deteremined a possible curriculum idea for this year. Would love to bounce off ideas!

usmom3
by BJ on May. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting Leahsmom2007:

Hi everyone!

My husband and thought about homeschooling for a while, and have decided that it is for us. My daughter is currently finishing up her last few weeks of kindergarten in public school. I'm going to start homeschooling her for 1st grade in the fall. She tenatively has ADD so one-on-one teaching will help her a lot.  (Not formally diagnosed yet, but her pediatrician said probably) We also have a 4-year-old son and an 11-month-old daughter. I have already read some great resources and deteremined a possible curriculum idea for this year. Would love to bounce off ideas!

oredeb
by debbie on May. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

welcome!!!! 

Quoting Leahsmom2007:

Hi everyone!

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello all,

I have a 7 yo wild child.  He is currently in PS and finishing up 1st grade but I have seriously been considering homeschooling him next year.  I am almost 100% sure that we will be doing this.  I just have to make sure his dad is on board with the idea, which might take some doing.  I think he will go along with it because it will mean he gets more time with DS as we have joint custody but I have DS most of the time because of school and my ex's work schedule. 

WIfitGirl
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone! I have 3 kiddos (5,3, and 1) and always knew I wanted to homeschool. We're just finishing up our first year and we are having a blast!  

oredeb
by debbie on May. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

welcome wlfit and kmath!! come on in and join us!

BautifuHart9699
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Beautiful Heart here. I'm fairly new to this group. I'm so glad for this group. I'm glad for the help and support given here. Hope you have a great day. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)