Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (371-380):
CheyJacksMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Ladies! I'm Beth. I was in this group a little over a year ago when I was teaching my daughter 1st grade. It got to be too much for me and we ended up putting her in a charter school for the last 9 weeks of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade. But now my state has gone to the common core cirriculum and I dont agree with it. My hubby and I feel homeschooling is the only option now. As we cant afford to send her to a private school. So I'm back in the group :-) and needing some advice.
How do I go about doing his without losing it again? This time I will also be teaching my son kindergaten. The main reason why I gave up last time was b/c it seemed to be a constant fight with my daughter. And now I'm going to be juggleing 2 of them. :-/ And ontop of it all my MIL is an ex-teacher. Shes constantly giving me books and cirriculum that I dont find that I need at the moment. Mainly cirric. for 4th grade and up Like I have all the storage space in the world to hold onto it until then. Im talking about the 3inch 3 ringed binders full of all kinds of things and teacher how-to's in the classroom kind of books that are inchs thick. I know shes trying to help and be supportive But it would help more if she would hold onto it until I actually need it or asked if she had anything that I could use. Ugh! sorry about that But my hubby being the kid of a teacher wants me to make up a classroom and be in there with the kids for the school alloted time. And not to come out until schooling is done. He suggested 8-2 of course comming out for lunch but then going back in and running it like an actual school (and reccess scheduled too). Im too laid back to be that scheduled. I was able to go to a mini-confrence for homeschoolers last thursday and it was amazing I took so many notes and it got me really excited about homeschooling But then my hubby informs me that my in-laws feel that Im going to pretty much fail since I couldnt do it last time.
What do I do? What would you do? Im seeing more and more of the positive side of homeschooling and Im determinded to do this and be the mother im suppose to be but just knowing what is being said about me is frustrating and a little heartbreaking. And on top of it all we are struggling financially majorly. I was thinking of going back to work pt to help but then i found out about the common core cirric. and did my research and didnt like what I found so here I am.
Any advice out there?
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Welcome to the group Kellie

Quoting kellie4280:

Hi my name is Kellie Ihave five children 23,18.15,13,and 8 and our youngest has special needs and I am learning how to teach her more at home

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Welcome Cherie!

Quoting mommieof1b4g:

Hello I'm new to the group & to homeschooling. We have not officially started yet. We start this next school yr in August. My name in Cherie! Feel free to add me!! hope to meet you all & make new friends!!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Welcome to the group.

Quoting wingmum:

hello all, i am "new" to cafe mom, & i am a mom of 3 kids @ home and a step-daughter when we'r lucky to have her here : )    i have not home schooled yet, but i am very interested for my youngest daughter. I really belive she would very much excell with homeschooling. However, i have many questions about legal aspects & other things. I haven't been able to find any groups in my area... i hope to find some help here in this groupe fingers crossed

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Welcome to the group.

Quoting eleda5872:

Hi, hope everyone is doing ok?  My family and I will be moving from New York to Georgia soon.  And I am seriously considering homeschooling my children.  Thank you for putting up each state laws for homeschooling.  I am considering hiring a private tutor as I am not familiar with the american educational system, although I do understand the lessons my children bring home.  But the methods they use now are a bit different from when I went to school.  lolll.  

The reason why I am considering homeschooling is because I do not have my driver's license or a car, so I will be getting that when I move to georgia.  It will be easier for me to homeschool my kids as I will not have that transportation for my kids to go to school, as well as in the event that their are no bussing in the area that I may reside in.

Also, my kids are considered special needs kids....but academically they are at grade level as the other kids on their class.  They are just a little hyper, and well, their social skills are good.  So I am also looking into that...I did research and saw that their are homeschooling for special needs kids.  

I was wondering if I can get some experiences in homeschooling? Thanks guys :)

butterfly

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Hi Beth! Welcome

Quoting CheyJacksMom:

Hi Ladies! I'm Beth. I was in this group a little over a year ago when I was teaching my daughter 1st grade. It got to be too much for me and we ended up putting her in a charter school for the last 9 weeks of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade. But now my state has gone to the common core cirriculum and I dont agree with it. My hubby and I feel homeschooling is the only option now. As we cant afford to send her to a private school. So I'm back in the group :-) and needing some advice.
How do I go about doing his without losing it again? This time I will also be teaching my son kindergaten. The main reason why I gave up last time was b/c it seemed to be a constant fight with my daughter. And now I'm going to be juggleing 2 of them. :-/ And ontop of it all my MIL is an ex-teacher. Shes constantly giving me books and cirriculum that I dont find that I need at the moment. Mainly cirric. for 4th grade and up Like I have all the storage space in the world to hold onto it until then. Im talking about the 3inch 3 ringed binders full of all kinds of things and teacher how-to's in the classroom kind of books that are inchs thick. I know shes trying to help and be supportive But it would help more if she would hold onto it until I actually need it or asked if she had anything that I could use. Ugh! sorry about that But my hubby being the kid of a teacher wants me to make up a classroom and be in there with the kids for the school alloted time. And not to come out until schooling is done. He suggested 8-2 of course comming out for lunch but then going back in and running it like an actual school (and reccess scheduled too). Im too laid back to be that scheduled. I was able to go to a mini-confrence for homeschoolers last thursday and it was amazing I took so many notes and it got me really excited about homeschooling But then my hubby informs me that my in-laws feel that Im going to pretty much fail since I couldnt do it last time.
What do I do? What would you do? Im seeing more and more of the positive side of homeschooling and Im determinded to do this and be the mother im suppose to be but just knowing what is being said about me is frustrating and a little heartbreaking. And on top of it all we are struggling financially majorly. I was thinking of going back to work pt to help but then i found out about the common core cirric. and did my research and didnt like what I found so here I am.
Any advice out there?

MacMamaof5
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm Toni and I have 4 boys ages 2,4,6, and 8.  I've been married for going on 11 years now. I homeschooled after a hideous experience of preschool and let my oldest attend 1st grade for half a year (Jan-May this year) and again was appalled.  We had just moved and wanted to give ps another chance and also to give us a chance to settle in.  My sons WANT and have requested to be home.  They learn so much more and in a loving protected environment.  And thanx to our new home by the woods, will be up for plenty of adventures in science I am sure.  We live in the foothills. Hello all.

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM

welcome back beth!! if you havent already come on in and ask your questions to the whole group of hs moms!  good to have you back!!

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM

welcome toni, come on in and join us, a great group of moms inside!!

TheMommysLife
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

My name is Cara, I'm a mommy of 6 kids and we have just completed our first year of homeschool. I absolutely love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)