Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (381-390):
TheMommysLife
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Hi Beth,

I'm not sure if you're homeschooling through a program or not, but I have my kids enrolled in a school through K12. It is a really awesome program that helps me stay organized and on track. Also, they send you all the curriculum and supplies and then at the end of the year you send some of it back so you don't have to worry about keeping it for years. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have (we've only done it for 1 year)!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hi Beth! Welcome

Quoting CheyJacksMom:

Hi Ladies! I'm Beth. I was in this group a little over a year ago when I was teaching my daughter 1st grade. It got to be too much for me and we ended up putting her in a charter school for the last 9 weeks of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade. But now my state has gone to the common core cirriculum and I dont agree with it. My hubby and I feel homeschooling is the only option now. As we cant afford to send her to a private school. So I'm back in the group :-) and needing some advice.
How do I go about doing his without losing it again? This time I will also be teaching my son kindergaten. The main reason why I gave up last time was b/c it seemed to be a constant fight with my daughter. And now I'm going to be juggleing 2 of them. :-/ And ontop of it all my MIL is an ex-teacher. Shes constantly giving me books and cirriculum that I dont find that I need at the moment. Mainly cirric. for 4th grade and up Like I have all the storage space in the world to hold onto it until then. Im talking about the 3inch 3 ringed binders full of all kinds of things and teacher how-to's in the classroom kind of books that are inchs thick. I know shes trying to help and be supportive But it would help more if she would hold onto it until I actually need it or asked if she had anything that I could use. Ugh! sorry about that But my hubby being the kid of a teacher wants me to make up a classroom and be in there with the kids for the school alloted time. And not to come out until schooling is done. He suggested 8-2 of course comming out for lunch but then going back in and running it like an actual school (and reccess scheduled too). Im too laid back to be that scheduled. I was able to go to a mini-confrence for homeschoolers last thursday and it was amazing I took so many notes and it got me really excited about homeschooling But then my hubby informs me that my in-laws feel that Im going to pretty much fail since I couldnt do it last time.
What do I do? What would you do? Im seeing more and more of the positive side of homeschooling and Im determinded to do this and be the mother im suppose to be but just knowing what is being said about me is frustrating and a little heartbreaking. And on top of it all we are struggling financially majorly. I was thinking of going back to work pt to help but then i found out about the common core cirric. and did my research and didnt like what I found so here I am.
Any advice out there?

jlm425
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi. I'm not new to CM but I'm new to this group. I have 1 son who's only a year old but homeschooling may be in our future so thought I'd start learning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

welcome cara, jlm, come on in and join us!

unsuspected
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello.
My name is Keri. I am a mom of four, (10, 5, 5 and 3). We are currently in California and starting this home schooling journey this year.
I'm pretty Much terrified, intimated to say the least.
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Quoting unsuspected:

Hello.
My name is Keri. I am a mom of four, (10, 5, 5 and 3). We are currently in California and starting this home schooling journey this year.
I'm pretty Much terrified, intimated to say the least.

Welcome to the group Keri! We all start out felling the way you do, it isn't as scary or as hard as you think it is just take it one day at a time.

momofthreekjs
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone - I'm a mom of three children, 13, 11 and 6. We've been homeschooling for two years now. It was the best decision we ever made to keep our kids home with us. I hope to meet some great folks on here! :-)  We live in South Jersey.

oredeb
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

welcome keri and momofthree,!!! come on in and join us!!

butterfly112505
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be apart of this group! I have been homeschooling my daughter for a year and a half. I started when she was in 6th grade and she is going into the 8th grade now. I will have many questions about things for you guys and appricate the time you take out to respond :-)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quoting butterfly112505:

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be apart of this group! I have been homeschooling my daughter for a year and a half. I started when she was in 6th grade and she is going into the 8th grade now. I will have many questions about things for you guys and appricate the time you take out to respond :-)

Hi. Welcome to the group.
I'm so glad that you have joined the ranks of homeschooling famil.ies. This is an awesome group of ladies and we all love to help out. So, make yourself comfortable and jump in any time or even start a new conversation/question of your own.

undefined

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello,

My name is Jessica.  I have been married to DH for almost 13 years and am mommy to a 6,4,2 and upcoming arrival (due early Nov.)  We have two boys (oldest two) and will have two girls. 

We started homeschooling DS two years ago with preschool and will start within the next few weeks with both boys (1st grader and preschool).  I have a lot to learn about this stuff and am anxious about doing more than one child. 

We are starting mid-summer because of the baby on the way.  I figure this will help us get into a routine and also give us a head start since we will have down time when baby girl gets here I am sure.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)