Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (391-400):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Quoting jwhit8791:

Hello,

My name is Jessica.  I have been married to DH for almost 13 years and am mommy to a 6,4,2 and upcoming arrival (due early Nov.)  We have two boys (oldest two) and will have two girls. 

We started homeschooling DS two years ago with preschool and will start within the next few weeks with both boys (1st grader and preschool).  I have a lot to learn about this stuff and am anxious about doing more than one child. 

We are starting mid-summer because of the baby on the way.  I figure this will help us get into a routine and also give us a head start since we will have down .time when baby girl gets here I am sure.

Welcome Jessica! :)

So glad you're here. Congrats on your almost new arrival ! I have 8 myself. It really isn't all that much more to school 2 as opposed to one. Once you start on some type of schedule it gets easier to do.

undefined

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow 8!  Not sure I could handle that, I have mixed feelings about the 4 I have.  LOL

I am hoping that once we get some kind of schedule down that that will help.  Thanks for the encouragement.

CafeMom Tickers
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Quoting jwhit8791:

Wow 8!  Not sure I could handle that, I have mixed feelings about the 4 I have.  LOL

I am hoping that once we get some kind of schedule down that that will help.  Thanks for the encouragement.

:
) You are welcome. :) Any time you have questions, you just ask. :) In the meantime, grab a chaisr and a cup of ? and jump iiin and talk and ask questions. :)

undefined

RCHOUDH
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello,

My name's Rahela and I've been homeschooling my two kids for two years now. I have a daughter who's 11 and a son who's turning 7 soon. I've usually relied on formal boxed curricula (Laurel Springs and Calvert) but I'm hoping to go eclectic for the upcoming school year. I would appreciate any and all help in the eclectic arena! I'm also a freelance writer who writes about family related issues, news and events in and around Queens, NYC. Whoever's in NYC is welcome to check out my articles at Western Queens Family Examiner. Than you!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Quoting RCHOUDH:

Hello,

My name's Rahela and I've been homeschooling my two kids for two years now. I have a daughter who's 11 and a son who's turning 7 soon. I've usually relied on formal boxed curricula (Laurel Springs and Calvert) but I'm hoping to go eclectic for the upcoming school year. I would appreciate any and all help in the eclectic arena! I'm also a freelance writer who writes about family related issues, news and events in and around Queens, NYC. Whoever's in NYC is welcome to check out my articles at Western Queens Family Examiner. Than you!

Hi Rahela! Welcome to the group. :)

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. And, if yopu feel up to it,join in any one of the numerous conversational threads or if you feel spunky, start one of your own. Most of all, enjoy yourself. :)

undefined

swarja
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi I am Jacque.....and up until about 6 months ago I never really gave a thought about home schooling my 5 year old....

I was a public school teacher - now a RN, my mother a retired K 1 teacher and so my daughter really never had a chance.  And now a few short months she is expected to start kindergarten at a school ranked 1 (as is bad) out of 10.  I am very worried that she will fail to progress academically.  Most amusingly - this school is farther from my house than the considerably better school.  Grrrr....Oh well, that is life.

And thus, I am looking into home school socialization options and outtings in my local area and if anyone knows of a resource in the Hesperia and High Desert area, please let me know.  Thanks!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Hi Jaque. Welcome! :0

If you are worrying that there will not be any way to socialize your child, you do not need to worry. When you homeschool, you have the amazing ability to take your child with you when you go to the grocery store or the park, or the gas station or even to the bank. At any one of these places is an opportunity to teach your daughter how to interact with adults of all ages and how to interact with children she may come across as well. Would you rather she learn the proper ettiquette from you or some deviated verson of skills from someone who may or may notbbelieve in the same behavior skills that you would like your daughter to learn? That is the beauty of homeschooling. You get to pick the better choices for you and your family instead of having the choices picked for you. Look at it this way, you have already been teaching your daughter from the moment she has been concieved up til now. How could you mislead her now? You wouldn't. You in fact are the best choice for her. She trusts you, accepts you, loves you and believes in you. You have the most and the best influence with your dughter. And even better than that is the fact that youo are there every step of the way. You get to experience everything together as a family. :) Anyhow, Ihope Ihave given you some food for thought.
Again, welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any questions you like or jump in any conversation that has already been started. :) I look forward to seeing your posts/comments. :)

Quoting swarja:

Hi I am Jacque.....and up until about 6 months ago I never really gave a thought about home schooling my 5 year old....

I was a public school teacher - now a RN, my mother a retired K 1 teacher and so my daughter really never had a chance.  And now a few short months she is expected to start kindergarten at a school ranked 1 (as is bad) out of 10.  I am very worried that she will fail to progress academically.  Most amusingly - this school is farther from my house than the considerably better school.  Grrrr....Oh well, that is life.

And thus, I am looking into home school socialization options and outtings in my local area and if anyone knows of a resource in the Hesperia and High Desert area, please let me know.  Thanks!

undefined

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
So many new members! Welcome everyone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seekingmom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello all, homeschooling mom of a 5 yr old girl and 15 month old boy here.  Good to meet you all!

oredeb
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM

welcome seeking mom!! come on in and join us!

Quoting seekingmom:

Hello all, homeschooling mom of a 5 yr old girl and 15 month old boy here.  Good to meet you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN