Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (401-410):
KimmieLu
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey, everybody. I'm joining this group mainly just to lurk around and suck up info. My daughter is 18 months old, but we are fairly certain we are going to homeschool. No one else in our family does HS, so we are pretty clueless lol.. anyways, hi!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Hi KimmieLu! :) Welcome to the group. :)

You just soak up all the info you want. We love to chat and help as often and as much as we can. :)
If you find yourself having questions, please, feel free to ask. If you want to jump in any conversation, do that as well. :) By the way, my name is Sonja. :)

Quoting KimmieLu:

Hey, everybody. I'm joining this group mainly just to lurk around and suck up info. My daughter is 18 months old, but we are fairly certain we are going to homeschool. No one else in our family does HS, so we are pretty clueless lol.. anyways, hi!

undefined

KimmieLu
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

welcome kimielu!!!! come on in and suck up info!!! we'd love to have you! Lot of great moms here!

dineau6
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello. My name is Diana. I am a veteran of the homeschooling community, though I only had a child 3 years ago. I have been teaching with homeschool co-ops for over 10 years. I absolutely love the community. I love the kids, I love teaching with the high school kids (as I have often said, "I herd cats for a living. . . "), and I love the direct involvement of the parents.

The conversation about homeschooling our boy went like this: "You know that our kids is going to be home-schooled." "Yep."

I am so looking forward to Roland being old enough to really homeschool. Although we have already started on the concept.

So, that is me in a nutshell.

My son, Roland, is three years old. He is pretty smart (others have noticed it, too -- not just mom being mom). I am fond of saying that he will know more than I do by first grade -- it might not even take that long. . .  He is a lot of fun. Although, his head strong nature will make homeschooling him tough at times. But so far, I am loving the journey!

oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

welcome dineau! come on in and join us!

MsCrenshaw
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Evening ladies. My name is MsCrenshaw and i'm new to cafe mom. I am experiencing extreme difficulty when it comes to locating pertinent info in order to get started for homeschooling my second grader. It is so much info out there that I really don't want an inbox filled with nonsense. I live in PG county MD and haven't received too much assistance from the school system either. I do hope to make new acquaintances, receive valid advice and possibly have my child interact with other homeschooled children.

oredeb
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

welcome mscrenshaw, come on in and join us for info and friendship!

Quoting MsCrenshaw:

Evening ladies. My name is MsCrenshaw and i'm new to cafe mom. I am experiencing extreme difficulty when it comes to locating pertinent info in order to get started for homeschooling my second grader. It is so much info out there that I really don't want an inbox filled with nonsense. I live in PG county MD and haven't received too much assistance from the school system either. I do hope to make new acquaintances, receive valid advice and possibly have my child interact with other homeschooled children.

2chillins4me
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi. My name is Christie.  I have been married 12.5 years.  We have 4 children.  12,5,3,9 mths.  This will be our first year, taking our daughter out of public school. 

oredeb
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

welcome christie!! come on in and join us!!

Quoting 2chillins4me:

Hi. My name is Christie.  I have been married 12.5 years.  We have 4 children.  12,5,3,9 mths.  This will be our first year, taking our daughter out of public school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)