Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
momoftwobugs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm Brandy. I'm a single, homeschooling work at home mom to two wonderful children. I have a son in Kindergarten and a daughter in 2nd grade. This is our first year homeschooling and we are loving it so far. I began homeschooling after noticing that my son was having some major difficulties in pre-k learning in a traditional setting. It has been a wonderful journey so far and I am looking forward to the rest of the journey. We live in Northeast Florida.

momoftwobugs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting k.vickery26:

I'm trying desperately to get into the k12 program. My girls are 7 and almost 9. They've had all kinds of issues with the normal public school system that never involve their personal performance or behavior. I've done lots of research on the GCA k12 program but would love to hear your personal experience with it. Likes, dislikes?

We are using the K12 program right now and for the most part I am happy with it. There are some things that I don't like as well as others, but having support has been a blessing. Feel free to PM me and ask any questions you may have and I'll try to answer them the best I can. You can also check on Facebook and see if there is a K12 Learning Coaches group for your area. They would be your best resource for how your specific district works.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. 

~ Judy Garland

oredeb
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM

welcome vickory and brandy!! come on in and join us hs moms!!!!

crzy4crm
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, 

My name is Wendy and this is our third year homeschooling. I have an 11 year old daughter and twin 8 yr old boys.  We live in Northeast Mississippi.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Hi Wendy. Welcome to the group.  :) 

How do you like homeschooling? Do your kids like it?  

Quoting crzy4crm:

Hi, 

My name is Wendy and this is our third year homeschooling. I have an 11 year old daughter and twin 8 yr old boys.  We live in Northeast Mississippi.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hi Erin. Welcome to you. :)

Home school is one of the best adventures you will ever ride.  So, what helped you decide to homeschool?  Was it a personal decision? 

Quoting EmeraldIsleElle:

Hello ladies!

My name is Erin and my husband and I have been married for almost 8 years. 

We have a 5 year old son and I will be starting homeschool with him in the fall. 

I went to public school my whole life and my husband was homeschooled. I'm excited to begin the journey!

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hi Sarah. Welcome to you. :)    

You are like the Brady Bunch.  :)  I liked that show when I was a kid. Unfortunately for me, my kids didn't. lol 

My name is Sonja btw and I have 7 kids and I homeschool them all.  :)  

What are all the names, if I may ask? :)  

Quoting sarahlu:

Hi! my name is Sarah, I have been married about half a year, and just started homeschooling our children last year, when we moved to North Dakota for my husbands job with our blended family of 6 children ages, 9, 8, 8, 4, 3 & 1.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

HI Kathy. Welcome to the group.  :) 

There are several moms in here that have children with Aspbergers and homeschool them quite well. They also have quite a few resources.  One you should ask for is KickButtMom. She has a lot of resources.  As well as a blog you might like to check out.  

Quoting LETZANDER1:

HI MY NAME IS KATHY AND I AM NEW TO CAFE MOM, ALSO NEW AT HOMESCHOOLING, ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, I HAVE A 8 YR OLD GIRL AND A 12 YR OLD GIRL WITH AUSPERGERS, ALSO ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SITES ON LINE THAT IS FREE AND I CAN PRINT MATERIAL, THANKS LADIES

undefined

oredeb
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

welcome wendy!! sounds like your a busy hs mom!! come on inside and join us other homeschool moms for a bit of chat!

Quoting crzy4crm:

Hi, 

Elisabetta
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Ciao my name is Elisabetta, we live in Springfield VA.

I started Homeschooling my daughter last year in January 1st G, and will be homeschooling my son who just turned 5 (we already are).

We are part of a local Homeschool Co-op. We like it but with all the scheduled activities at co-op, I do not find time to actually talk to some of the other moms about anything! I am still learning so much about homeschooling and often find myself without patience and the need to talk to someone about frustrating situation or wonderful achievements!

I work part time. I teach Italian as a second language to children and adults. This makes homeschooling a bit more challenging at times.

I look forward to meeting more homeschooling families through this site.

Ciao Ciao

Elisabetta Lazarte

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN