Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (481-490):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Hi and Hello right back atchya! lol. Welcome to the grou.p. :)

Sounds to me like you are going to do a wonderful job going 100%.
Wanting the very best us always a great thing to want for our kids. :)

Quoting mommieof2kiddis:

Hi everyone, I have been homeschooling for a year now. We were doing K12 and it was going okay but this year they have changed things thanks to the common core changes. We oulled our kids from public school because all they were doing was teach to test and unfortunately that seems like the path K12 is now taking.  I am really considering pulling them and going to 100% homeschool but I am a little scared. I want to make sure that I am doing everything right as far as my kids education. Not only do I want my kids to be world and common sense smart but also book smart. Does this make sense? I hope that I can get some great advice from some of the pros on here.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Hi Tara! Welcome! :)

My names is Sonja and I am also a sham. :) Being a homeschooling family has rewards that can't won't come from anywhere else. Be prepared for a wonderful journey of a lifetime.

Quoting mom2jasper:

Hello! My name is Tara. I have a 2 1/2 year old son. I'm a stay at home mom, so I have just started doing a daily preschool routine with him. I would like to homeschool him at least through elementary school if I can remain a stay at home mom. But we will see how that goes! I can't wait for advice from you ladies with experience in homeschooling!

slm1970
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM NEW TO THIS, BUT I WOULD LIKE ADVICE, I AM 43 AND HAVE 3 CHILDREN, 22, AND 7 YEAR OLD TWINS, MY TWINS ARE A BOY AND GIRL, WELL THIS PAST YEAR MY DAUGHTER DID VERY WEEL IN 1ST GRADE, BUT MY SONE IS A LITTLE SLOWER AT LEARNING, HE IS MORE OF A ONE ON ONE LEARNER, AND HE WAS HELD BACK THIS YEAR, SO HIS TWIN SISTER IS NOW IN 2ND GRAD AND HE IS STILL IN 1ST, HE IS VERY SAD AND UNHAPPY, IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY, IT ISNT THE FACT THAT HE IS IN DIFFERENT CLASSES, IT IS THE DIFFERENT GRADE THING, AND PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE TWINS I JUST DONT KNOW IF THEY UNDERSTAND WHEN ONE IS A FASTER LEARNER THEN THE OTHER, I HAVE THOUGHT OF THE IDEA OF THE K12 THING THEY ADVERTISE ON TV. , BUT IM A LITTLE WORRIED THAT HE WOULDNT STICK TO IT WITH ME, BUT I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM BECAUSE OF THEM BEING IN THE DIFFERENT GRADES, SO IF ANOF YOU WOULD LOVE TO GIVE ME YOUR INPUT I WOULD LOVE IT!...THANKS

slm1970
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone, my name is sherry, i have 3 children....one is 22....and then i have 7 year old twins, and this is my story, and would like some input on the homeschooling thing......my twins are a boy and girl, now our daughter she learns very easy , but our son can understand things but takes him more time to get it, well they both should be in 2nd grade this year but only rachelle moved on , they held devan back in 1st grade, he is so upset he has been crying, i dont think it is being seperated from sister, it is that he is in a lower grade, we have told him it is because he needs more time to understand things and that everyone learns differently, i know some schools have a class for each grade that is for students that are slower, but our school system doesnt have this until jr high, so grade school if you cant keep up you just get held back, and they move so fast anymore , the ones who get it right away is great but the ones who might take a few more days get left behind, i mean they are moving on to something different within 2 days or so, and myh son cant get it that fast, so what i comes down to is with them being twins, it is even harder!...this is why i thought about the home school thing with him, and it is very hard to decide what to do, my older son went thru the same thing and he got so fustrated by the time he was in high school he ended up dropping out!, and i see this with a lot of kids in our school system......by the time they get to jr high and have that class for the slower kids they are so fustrated they dont want to try!.........sorry this is so long, but i could go on and on about it,but this is what i am so upset about and having a hard time deciding what to do?.....so would likeyour input.

momofpreemieboy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm an older mom with a toddler/preschooler. I want to find out how to home school my youngest DS. My other children went to public and private schools. I do not like how the school system is anymore. I have always wanted home schooling for my youngest. I live in Az. So if anyone knows the laws here please let me know. Thank you.

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

welcome sherryand momof, come on in and join us!!

kls32181
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

hello all! I'm Kate, married, age 32, SAHM, 6yr old son, and 21mo old daughter. And I am planning on homeschooling/cyberschooling my son Kindergarten this year. looking for any and all help lol!

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

welcome kate!! come on in and join us!!!

purplemom3777
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have been homeschooling my three boys for the last 7 years. My oldest is in 11th grade, my middle son is in the 9th & the youngest is in the 2nd this year. I am still learning new things to improve my homeschooling experience every year. I have been married for 17 years this October. I am happy to join the group & hopefully learn some new things & maybe help someone else if I can.

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

hi purplemom and welcome! looks like you've almost got one graduated! great! well come in in and join the rest of us moms, we'd love chatting with you!

Quoting purplemom3777:

Hi, I have been homeschooling my three boys for the last 7 years. My oldest is in 11th grade, my middle son is in the 9th & the youngest is in the 2nd this year. I am still learning new things to improve my homeschooling experience every year. I have been married for 17 years this October. I am happy to join the group & hopefully learn some new things & maybe help someone else if I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)