Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (501-510):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Hi Denita! My name is Sonja. Welcome!! :)

Quoting Stevensd:

Hi! We have a 5 year old that we are starting Kindergarten with this year! He LOVES to learn anything! HATES writing! LOL  I'm very excited to start this journey with him but also a bit nervous! I guess it's pretty normal to feel that way at first until you find your groove!! 

Can't wait to get to know you all a lil better!!

"See" you around!

Denita 

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi My name is Amanda, hubby and I are looking into homeschooling our son when he gets older of of all his food allergyes and we aren't sure how to go about it or what we need to do, alot of our family doesn't think i should be homeschooling bc i have a learning disabitily and was in special ed! my husband is 100% sure that i'll be able to homeschool without a prob. we live in michgian and we have another baby on the way so we'd be homeschooling both kids! Do kids have to take the SATS and MEAPS to get into college, how lucky is a child to go onto college from being homeschooled there whole life! our family is really against it! but we feel it's the right choice for our kids!

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome amanda!!

you say you were in special ed, so was i, and ive homeschooled all my own through graduation and a few others! so its possible!! hahah dont let peoples negativity stop you. Come on in to the group and join us!!

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Hi My name is Amanda, hubby and I are looking into homeschooling our son when he gets older of of all his food allergyes and we aren't sure how to go about it or what we need to do, alot of our family doesn't think i should be homeschooling bc i have a learning disabitily and was in special ed! my husband is 100% sure that i'll be able to homeschool without a prob. we live in michgian and we have another baby on the way so we'd be homeschooling both kids! Do kids have to take the SATS and MEAPS to get into college, how lucky is a child to go onto college from being homeschooled there whole life! our family is really against it! but we feel it's the right choice for our kids!

freemomma1
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi all, I am new to CM as of today! Wondering how I missed this seemingly HUGE site!! 
I am a single mom, stay at home currently. Trying to find a way to work from home so I can continue to homeschool my daughter, who's 4. Would love to connect with others in my area, or anywhere else. We just recently moved to the state of Wisconsin from Canada. I look forward to being here and hope that I can connect with other like-minded moms :) 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi free momma! Welcome to the group! :)

So your from Canada huh? May I ask which part? I used to go to Toronto once or twice a year but that was quite a few years ago now. I'm in Pa. We may not be in the same area but we are definitely like minded on the homeschooling. :)

Quoting freemomma1:

Hi all, I am new to CM as of today! Wondering how I missed this seemingly HUGE site!! I am a single mom, stay at home currently. Trying to find a way to work from home so I can continue to homeschool my daughter, who's 4. Would love to connect with others in my area, or anywhere else. We just recently moved to the state of Wisconsin from Canada. I look forward to being here and hope that I can connect with other like-minded moms :) 

undefined

KAppell
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Kristin. I have been married 13 years. We have three children. Two go to public school and the oldest is 12 and is homeschooled through K12. We live in deep south texas and my DH is oilfield and i am a SAHM. Can't wait to meet yall!

katnamednat
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Natalie. I'm 26, have a 9 yr old son and 4 yr old girl. This will be my first year homeschooling my son! Excited and nervous! We are going through k12 with Texas Virtual Academy... it's a long process so far and so stressful!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Welcome Kristin!

Quoting KAppell:

My name is Kristin. I have been married 13 years. We have three children. Two go to public school and the oldest is 12 and is homeschooled through K12. We live in deep south texas and my DH is oilfield and i am a SAHM. Can't wait to meet yall!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Welcome! I hope things smooth out for you!

Quoting katnamednat:

Hi, my name is Natalie. I'm 26, have a 9 yr old son and 4 yr old girl. This will be my first year homeschooling my son! Excited and nervous! We are going through k12 with Texas Virtual Academy... it's a long process so far and so stressful!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freemomma1
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Kirbymom - I have lived in many places in Ontario, Canada. We moved from London, Ontario, which is about 2-3 hours from Toronto.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)