Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (51-60):
faeriemom1972
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Morning Star. I was a member here a while ago, but I never seem to fit in anywhere and my son was young-ish, and I unschool..... At the very least I have the fact that I am home with my child every day all day in common with most, if not all of you :) I love it, but it is a challenge. My son is 6-7 in April and my only young child. He's a hoot though, I love what we are doing but can always use new ideas.

oredeb
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

welcome elisabetta!! and morning star!!! so glad you are here!! come in and meet the rest of the moms!!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

HI Brandy! Welcome.  :) 

I have some relatives in Florida. Around Nice. How far are you from there? 

Quoting momoftwobugs:

Hi! I'm Brandy. I'm a single, homeschooling work at home mom to two wonderful children. I have a son in Kindergarten and a daughter in 2nd grade. This is our first year homeschooling and we are loving it so far. I began homeschooling after noticing that my son was having some major difficulties in pre-k learning in a traditional setting. It has been a wonderful journey so far and I am looking forward to the rest of the journey. We live in Northeast Florida.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hi Elisabetta.  Welcome!  :) 

You teach Italian? That is neat. How did you get started in that? 

Quoting Elisabetta:

Ciao my name is Elisabetta, we live in Springfield VA.

I started Homeschooling my daughter last year in January 1st G, and will be homeschooling my son who just turned 5 (we already are).

We are part of a local Homeschool Co-op. We like it but with all the scheduled activities at co-op, I do not find time to actually talk to some of the other moms about anything! I am still learning so much about homeschooling and often find myself without patience and the need to talk to someone about frustrating situation or wonderful achievements!

I work part time. I teach Italian as a second language to children and adults. This makes homeschooling a bit more challenging at times.

I look forward to meeting more homeschooling families through this site.

Ciao Ciao

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Hi Morning Star! Welcome to the group.  :) 

Love your name. :)  Well, I hope you see that there is a fit for you in here now. There are many different ways that you can see that we homeschoolers use to teach our kids. You should look for usmom. She is a total unschooler from start to finish.  :)   We sometimes unschool but its not always though.  How did you decide on unschooling?  Out of curiousity.  :)  

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Hi, I'm Morning Star. I was a member here a while ago, but I never seem to fit in anywhere and my son was young-ish, and I unschool..... At the very least I have the fact that I am home with my child every day all day in common with most, if not all of you :) I love it, but it is a challenge. My son is 6-7 in April and my only young child. He's a hoot though, I love what we are doing but can always use new ideas.

undefined

faeriemom1972
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Hi! Thank you for the friendly welcome :) My husband was the first to become enamoured of unschooling after watching a documentary when our son was about 2. I was skeptical at first but I read a little, watched my son a lot, played even more and it just sort of happened.....My son is only 6, so someday he may want a more structured environment, but for now we live and learn in the moment :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Love your name. :)  Well, I hope you see that there is a fit for you in here now. There are many different ways that you can see that we homeschoolers use to teach our kids. You should look for usmom. She is a total unschooler from start to finish.  :)   We sometimes unschool but its not always though.  How did you decide on unschooling?  Out of curiousity.  :)  

Quoting faeriemom1972:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome.  :)   You know, I have found that if kids love to learn first then all the rest will fall into place as you grow and learn.  So when they are older, the structured learning isn't as much a restraint as it would ordinarily feel.  

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Hi! Thank you for the friendly welcome :) My husband was the first to become enamoured of unschooling after watching a documentary when our son was about 2. I was skeptical at first but I read a little, watched my son a lot, played even more and it just sort of happened.....My son is only 6, so someday he may want a more structured environment, but for now we live and learn in the moment :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

kskn
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi ,

My name is Jenny and I am getting ready to attemp homeschooling while running my full time in home daycare business.

Any advice for my situation is much appreciated :)

Crazy_Daze
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there!

I'm Lindsay, mom of 2 little boys (well, not so little anymore!), they're almost 6 and 3. We have 2 furry kids also. We're a military family, and we're getting ready to move to Hawaii. We just recently decided to homeschool starting next school year.

I am utterly overwhelmed by all the choices of curriculum and the thousands of other options. WOW!  I really don't even know where to start. I hope I can find some help here : )

oredeb
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

welcoome jenny!! oh wow your gona be busy! how old are your kids your gona homeschool? how old are the daycare kids?

Quoting kskn:

Hi ,

My name is Jenny and I am getting ready to attemp homeschooling while running my full time in home daycare business.

Any advice for my situation is much appreciated :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)