Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (561-570):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Welcome! I have 2 boys, 8 and 4. I also have 2 girls, 12 and 2. Boys are definitely movers when it comes to learning. 8)

Quoting NdAppy:

Hi all.  I'm looking into homeschool our three boys (10, 6 and 5).  Any and all advice I can soak up would be great! 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Good luck! The first step is the hardest but don't worry. Homeschooling can become a great way of life!

Quoting dont.blink:

Hi,

My name is Bobbi, I'm a 26-year-old single mother of two. I've got a boy who's 7 and a girl who's 5. I'm getting ready to pull them both out of public school and start homeschooling, but i want to try and get a lesson plan and everything I need set up before I do so.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

It's never too early to start thinking about it! LOL

Quoting AmandaB9310:

Hi!! I'm Amanda and I'm interested in possibly homeschooling my son. He's 21 months right now tho. Just trying to get a head start on learning the ins and outs of Homeschool so I'm. Prepared for when it comes time

anony111
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Hello, my name is Sara, we are in northern california.  On the brink of pulling my 10 year old sixth grade aspie daughter out of school to homeschool.  Just trying to talk DH into it! The past few years of dealing with a school that doesnt believe in Aspergers as a legit diagnosis and ignoring her IEP has sealed the deal for me! Looking forward to all the advice and hints from fellow CMers. Glad i found you!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Hi. Welcome! :)
Well, you have come to the right place. We love to support our members and friends. How does your daughter feel about hs?

Quoting anony111:

Hello, my name is Sara, we are in northern california.  On the brink of pulling my 10 year old sixth grade aspie daughter out of school to homeschool.  Just trying to talk DH into it! The past few years of dealing with a school that doesnt believe in Aspergers as a legit diagnosis and ignoring her IEP has sealed the deal for me! Looking forward to all the advice and hints from fellow CMers. Glad i found you!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! That is one of the most common reasons I'm hearing recently for homeschooling. I hope your hubby sees the *light *! Lol

Quoting anony111:

PurpleCupcake
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Aspergers children have a hard time in school mainly do to put luv school ignorance. I seriously doubt that teachers have any clue what it is or how to deal with it.

Quoting anony111:

anony111
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is the one that requested it! She doesnt think she will be able to handle the added stress of extra homework and changing classrooms for every subject.  Being rushed is one of her triggers, along with having poor orginazational skills.

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi. Welcome! :)
Well, you have come to the right place. We love to support our members and friends. How does your daughter feel about hs?

Quoting anony111:

anony111
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Thats our whole problem. Our principle thinks she has a behavior problem LOL. Oh and did i mention the principle has never had kids of her own, so cant possibly understand, no matter HOW many years shes been teaching!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Aspergers children have a hard time in school mainly do to put luv school ignorance. I seriously doubt that teachers have any clue what it is or how to deal with it.

Quoting anony111:

mamaloves94
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Hey everyone,

My name is Angelica. I am 18, turning 19 on November 8th. I just got married in April and we ended up getting pregnant on our honeymoon so we are expecting our first this Christmas Eve. We are having a girl. I was homeschooled and I'm already on the hunt for things to teach my daughter. I also help my mother-in-law teach her three boys. (12,10,7) My husband and I are planning for a big family so I truly believe that homeschooling will be the best for us. Hope to find wonderful ideas on homeschooling.!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)