Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (581-590):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Quoting summerbear:

Hello! I am new to homeschooling, not new to CM! I have 4 children. I started homeschooling my oldest, Summer (12) October 2nd, so 3 weeks ago today! She is in the 7th grade.

My second daughter Lydia, is 3 (will be 4 Feb 22nd). She has been doing preschool work in her workbooks and learning activities on the computer and in printouts and such.

I have 2 boys. Tristen is 2 and Phoenis is 5 months old.

I knew that my 3 little ones were going to be homeschooled and I wanted to homeschool my oldest, but I was 19 hen I had her and I was getting so many comments on how she needed to go to school and that I would mess her up if I didn't let her go to public school. I even had my mom tell me she would report me if I didn't send her! So, I didn't research anything, I was scared and nervous!

Everyone in my faminly is on-board now, and if they aren't they are at least smart enough to keep their mouths shut by now! Research and knowledge is a powerful tool! :)

I am so excited to be starting! Looking forward to getting a lot of questions answered and meeting some wonderful homeschooling moms! <3

Phoenix.Fire
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello I have a soon to be 4 year old and we are thinking about homeschooling.  I want to learn about where to start and get some ideas about how to set up a school schedule for him.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Welcome to the group.

I always suggest for that age group to keep it fun & engaging. You want to do things to help build their love of learning & play is the best way to do that!

Quoting Phoenix.Fire:

Hello I have a soon to be 4 year old and we are thinking about homeschooling.  I want to learn about where to start and get some ideas about how to set up a school schedule for him.

Phoenix.Fire
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Thank you.  :)   I just need to start figuring out a cirruculum and how that all works in my state... I want him to still get some interaction with kids so I wanted to have him go to the school for certain classes like band or art.

Quoting usmom3:

Welcome to the group.

I always suggest for that age group to keep it fun & engaging. You want to do things to help build their love of learning & play is the best way to do that!

Quoting Phoenix.Fire:

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Look to see you might find all that in the local homeschool community & more!

Quoting Phoenix.Fire:

Thank you.  :)   I just need to start figuring out a cirruculum and how that all works in my state... I want him to still get some interaction with kids so I wanted to have him go to the school for certain classes like band or art.

Quoting usmom3:

Welcome to the group.

Quoting Phoenix.Fire:

AnnaBright
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello I'm Anna I am just starting to homeschool my oldest who is 11. My younger 3 still attend public school and they are 5 ,7 , and 9. I live in Lincoln NE. This is still pretty new to me but so far it's working lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Hello Anna! So nice to meet you! Welcome welcome. :)
Have you checked your state laws yet?

Quoting AnnaBright:

Hello I'm Anna I am just starting to homeschool my oldest who is 11. My younger 3 still attend public school and they are 5 ,7 , and 9. I live in Lincoln NE. This is still pretty new to me but so far it's working lol

EmmasMom303
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Meagan and Im 28,married and we have one daughter Emma who is 8 and in the 3rd grade. We have been homeschooling since April 2013 and are loving it!

Mweddle
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I just saw this!  I have posted here already a little but I will still introduce myself!

I'm Melinda.  I am 30 in December and I live in Oklahoma.  I have 4 children, they are all adopted through foster care.  My oldest daughter has ADHD and has A LOT of issues at public school.  I made the WONDERFUL decision to homeschool about a month ago and she is thriving and growing by leaps and bounds.   My kids are my whole world and I love them so much and wanted them so much.  I am thinking very seriously about homeschooling all 4 of them.  Now that we have started homeschooling I see that it is the kind of lifestyle I like and I am having more and more issues with public schools each day.  I am just praying about it right now.  

susanAKAsilly
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hello.

My name is Susan, I am 36 years old and I have 2 boys (15 & 13) that I have been homeschooling for about 5 years and a 7 year old daughter who goes to "regular school".

I look forward to meeting moms with similar interests and hope to get a glimpse of how others homeschool their kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN