Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (61-70):
oredeb
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

welcome lindsey!! yes theres lots of help here!

so your going to hawaii, we just got back from maui(vacation), i think my favorite island is hawaii, doesnt seem as crowded as the others! and we love exploring up by the volcano! great place to homeschool!

Quoting Crazy_Daze:

Hi there!

I'm Lindsay, mom of 2 little boys (well, not so little anymore!), they're almost 6 and 3. We have 2 furry kids also. We're a military family, and we're getting ready to move to Hawaii. We just recently decided to homeschool starting next school year.

I am utterly overwhelmed by all the choices of curriculum and the thousands of other options. WOW!  I really don't even know where to start. I hope I can find some help here : )

scoutwifemomof4
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, My name is Kelly.  I am an Army wife & a homeschool mom of 4. 1 boy (16), & 3 girls (14, 12, & 10).  My children attended public school until my oldest was in 7th graade & my youngest was in 2nd, at that point we decided that homeschool was the way we wanted to go.  We use My father's World, Teaching Textbooks, & Apologia.  I am curious if there are any homeschoolers in the group from or in Alaska.  We are considering going there for our next assignment & have several questions.  We are currently in Kansas.

oredeb
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM

welcome kelly!! i believe we do have someone here from alaska! come on in and join us!!

Malley
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I've been teaching public school , but this will be my last year so I can stay home and homeschool my 5 year old. He has some special needs, and I find he progresses much better with me teaching him than with him being in school.  I'm not sure what I want to use for a program and I don't know what is required by my state yet, so I have lots of homework to do to get ready!

MommyofSoso
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My name is Maureen. I currently don't homeschool but am exploring it to see if it is what I want to do with my now 2.5 year old and 4 month old.
Crazy_Daze
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Thank you!

My sister got married on Maui! Her pictures were amazing : ) I hope we're able to visit, we'll be on Oahu.

Quoting oredeb:

welcome lindsey!! yes theres lots of help here!

so your going to hawaii, we just got back from maui(vacation), i think my favorite island is hawaii, doesnt seem as crowded as the others! and we love exploring up by the volcano! great place to homeschool!

Quoting Crazy_Daze:

Hi there!

I'm Lindsay, mom of 2 little boys (well, not so little anymore!), they're almost 6 and 3. We have 2 furry kids also. We're a military family, and we're getting ready to move to Hawaii. We just recently decided to homeschool starting next school year.

I am utterly overwhelmed by all the choices of curriculum and the thousands of other options. WOW!  I really don't even know where to start. I hope I can find some help here : )

bubbbles454
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have two boys 3 and 2 years old and enougher on the way.I was homeschooled as a tween and teen but it wasn't  a good experience mostly. But I've seen others who do it differently and would like to try it those ways as their  kids are smart,creative and enjoy learning and homeschooling.

oredeb
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

welcome malley, maureen and bubbles!! come on in and join us!!!

amirah827
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

baby dustGood Evening Group!!! I am so excited to be apart of this group and Cafemom again!!! My name is Sylvia, I started teaching my daughter her ABC's at 6 months because I was raised to value education and I knew it was my responsibility to teach my child. As she developed more I found so much joy in teaching her and I was inspired to Homeschool once I learned my Biblical responsibility of teaching as well as the benefit versus public schools. My daughter is now 4 years old and I have chosen a Co-op here and we're going to start participating with them and we are so excited!!!!

earthy_dragon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Afternoon Ladies!  I have been debating the whole homeschooling for about two years now, and my husband and I finally decided we are completely fed up with not only the Public School system, but the Private sector as well.  Neither seem to be working towards the needs of our boys.  We have a 12yr old and a 10yr old, that we will start homeschooling next week. =)  I am so excited about it, but nervous at the same time!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN