Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (71-80):
CareBearsMom3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone,  

My name is Katie, I am a USN Stay @ home wife, and homeschooling Mom of three awesome kiddos.   12 -9 - and 7.      

When we aren't learning we are playing with the horses, as we do live on a small horse farm in ID.   My husband and I do the long distance commute - until he retires in a few years, which is tough, but it is also so worth the sacrifice to have our own little farm and house!

My oldest is special needs and has microcephaly, but meets her challenges with a smile.   My middle child is a very advanced reader, but is rather lazy with math, but truly a sweet kiddo.  And my 7 yr old I am still unschooling and mixing it up a bit with  different styles of curriculum,  he is very into video games, his hex bugs and K'nex sets, or skateboarding, and is totally all boy.  

jsmnbrenn
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My name is Jasmine,
I have 4 boys, all at home 2 homeschooled and the others age 21/2 and 1.
Im a military wife stationed at fort hood Texas.
I actually started homeschooling my boys, 4th and kindergarten, about a month ago because they werent getting the attention or the intellectual stimulation they need in school. Also, my 5 year old who is small for his age and a young 5, was getting picked on and acting out and cussing. He now behaves better is getting stuff he was lost on in school and feels so much better about himself, its awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2Bellarose
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm Kim

SAHM to my 2 daughters, Bella (7) and Sophie (2). This is our 1st year officially home schooling. This year we are doing virtual school and seriously considering going on our own next year. We home school for so many reasons. It has it's challenges but it is so worth it to us. I have been back and forth on home schooling since my 1st child was born. When she started K this year. We enrolled her in our PS system. It was everything I thought it would be and we pulled her out after 4 days. The longer I home school the more I enjoy it!

Headevas
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Heather, I'm not new to Cafe mom but new to homeschooling. I've recently pulled my 11th grader out of public school to homeschool. I'm fed up with the school system , and want to give my son a better education. I have a 3rd grade daughter and will start homeschooling her next school yr. I'm just her to look for tips, advice and support.
oredeb
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

welcome sylivia, so glad you joined !!!! sounds like your gona have fun teaching your daughter! looking forward to talking with you !!! join us inside!!!

oredeb
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM

welcome earthy, jasmine, kim, heather and katie!! so glad you could all join us!! come on in!!!

pmcrittersmom
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies!!!  

I am a thirty~something homeschooling mom to two girls.  It is an experience my family loves.  My husband supports every thing we decide we need to do for school so I am very lucky.  We run a fairly eclectic style of school and have a great time.  I love use Cathy Duffy's homeschooling cirriculum when I am doing research for our curriculum.  Are any of you mothers in Idaho?  

frugalmomoftwo
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello y'all. We have been home schooling our children for 2t
Yrs and love it this is our first year with unsvooling and boy it dose work we do a lot of things out side. At other places in the lichen and more the children resly enjoy learning this way and ar do not have to preside them to do it:) we live in cites Florida if any one is close we would love yo meet up and have learning days and posy dates together no matter how you teach in out eyed there is no wrong way as long as the children are growing and learning
Cant wait to fey to know yall.
oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM

welcome pmcritters and frugal mom!! come on in and join us!!

TwistedKnitts
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello,

My name is Misty. I Home-school my DD (5th grade). I have two children 11 & 6. My son wanted to try Public School this year. I have been married to my husband for 16 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN