Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (91-100):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hello and welcome. Im so glad you joined us.
The moms here are all great, so Im sure you will find tons of ideas and please feel free to share your ideas and what works for you with the group as well.

Quoting collimom:

I am in my 5th year of homeschooling my daughter of age 9. I enjoy having her at home and knowing what she is learning and being able to teach her at the level she needs. The biggest struggle for us right now is mulitplications and she hates reciting so any helpfull ideas are welcome : )

GiraffeMama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, I have two girls currently attending school - one 1st grader and one in pre-K. My girls love school but I am increasingly frustrated with standardized teaching philosophies I don't agree with and the enormous amount of time that seems to be spent on behaviour management in group schooling environments. I have researched homeschooling quite a bit over the years, and now just considering if this is the right time for our family to convert. I hope you don't mind me being part of this group so I can absorb some homeschool-parent wisdom and experience, as I work towards making this important decision.

HotMommyo4
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Nat and I have been rolling the idea of homeschooling around in my mind for three years now for various reasons.

I have three girls, 2nd grade, 4th grade, and 9th grade, and a boy, 1st grade. One reasons I would like to homeschool is because they had been having health issues for years and tended to miss days of school because of it. Nothing has changed about that in four years, and they continue to miss days (As I type this, one of them has missed school for the past three days).

My health started taking a turn in the last two years, and I slacked off on researching because of it, thinking I could not manage. But now, even though I still have a few challenges (chronic health issue), I find I can still handle many things, but at a different pace and with more organization. I still believe I have been called to homeschool my kids even on my worst days.

I am just trying to seriously start the process now, and getting ideas on what curriculum I think we should go with. I am a Christian mom who is soon moving to SC, where I want the schooling to begin.

oredeb
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome nat giraffe and collimom!! come on in and join us! meet hs moms , ask questions, give advice! come on in!

M2M247
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Helen and I have been tutoring K-12, all subjects for over 12 years. I would be please to discuss or help parents with suggestions or whatever they may be facing with their children, while homeschooling. I have dealt with many elementary, middle, and high school kids, boys and girls.

7murphys
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello!  My name is Kelley and I have 5 children.  My oldest, Caleb, graduated last year.  He was homeschooled beginning in 3rd grade.  My 2nd son, Micah, is autistic and attends the local high school where he is receiving job training skills.  I have two daughters, Kara and Leah, who are 16 and 15, and a son, Levi, who is 13.  They have all been homeschooled since Kindergarten.  My husband, Jamie, and I have been married for 20 years and decided to homeschool because we wanted our children to have a Christian world view.  Looking forward to connecting with other moms!

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
are you trying to say that you homeschool them all the way through college and if so how? and share your curriculum please..

Quoting Jody59:

Hi,

My name is Jody. I have been marrried 30 years and have 5 kids: ages: 24, 23 ,21, 19, 16. We home schooled all 5, all the way up. Two are out of college, 2 in college and 1 at home. One married and another getting married in June. We live in Texas.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
hello my name is Tonia I am a married Mom. I have 2 children 1 of my children is 10 years old he has ADHD and Aspergers. My other son is two and from all appearance is extremely bright however he is delayed in speech.

I begin homeschooling at the beginning of June of this past year and I have struggle to keep on task and keep my child be moving at a decent pace seems that falling behind is just is too easy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome helen kelley and java!!! come on in and join us!! come ask questions, answer questions and just hang out!!

squeekers
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM
4 moms liked this

as just a funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)