Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you ording for next year, already?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have started thinking about it because Missie will need an Algebra text next year. I'm think of a Teaching Textbook. Has anyone used it?

Are you even thinking about next year, yet?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I am pretty sure we are going to continue on with Abeka next year.  My kids are really enjoying it.  We won't order until Spring, but won't start until Jan 2014.  I want our school year to start with the start of the year.  We will take a few breaks in the Summer so that they might do some camp at the skating rink or even do some classes at the zoo.  We will see what next year brings.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Yep, I'm buying Abeka curriculum off of a friend. They barely used it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I haven't started buying yet, but we're sticking with the same thigns we've used this year, except for maybe history...we haven't decided entirely if we're sticking with the history program or not... I will be looking into that very soon tho.

101stwife
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I am not ordering just yet but I am looking around at things I might want to use. We got Learning Language Arts through Literature this year as well as All American History and HATED both. So, shopping around for a new Language Arts and History curric.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We weren't fans of All American History either. Dry as chalk. Have you checked out Joy Hakim's "The History of US" series (you can also buy workbooks to accompany each book). My dd's enjoying it.

Quoting 101stwife:

I am not ordering just yet but I am looking around at things I might want to use. We got Learning Language Arts through Literature this year as well as All American History and HATED both. So, shopping around for a new Language Arts and History curric.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM

No sorry I am working on my first own curriculum for my 9th grade and my 6th grader and my two kindergarten. I have been working at it since Decemeber 2012 9th grade has really got me thinking. I am trying to get it done by July 2013.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I had a plan, but might throw it out the window because a lady at my 4 yr old's preK told me she has every grade every class of the basic SOS stuff put away somewhere and isn't using it.   She might sell it all to me.

I'm still going to do Apologia science, though, I think.   I think it looks like too much fun!   I also want to do some stuff off the computer.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Learning language arts through literature was such a waste for us.  It was sooo boring and provided almost nothing of interest to him.   I tried to even give it away after we only used the first two sections... (we wrote in his book, so I didn't expect to be able to sell it!   But we couldn't give it away... not even the teachers manual.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We weren't fans of All American History either. Dry as chalk. Have you checked out Joy Hakim's "The History of US" series (you can also buy workbooks to accompany each book). My dd's enjoying it.

Quoting 101stwife:

sheila5745
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I have started ordering things for the summer sessions. I will have 4 starting at 2nd, 4th 6th 8th. fun summer for us!!

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I haven't started ordering but I definitely do have their curriculum thought out. I will order in June. Maybe some cheaper things before then but the pricey stuff will be bought in June.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)