Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

PRINTERS

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

What kind of printer do you ladies use for homeschooling. I have a Lexmark that we just bought last year but the ink is getting expensive and it doesn't last long (maybe 2 months).

I have a friend who said to get a Brother printer that uses toner bc it would last longer. I would need one that takes both color and black toners.

Can anyone help me so I can get a better printer next month.

Thank you

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom has a brother and it is great on ink. Hers does not print color, but you can get them with color. My sister and I both HS and we used it a ton before the ink went out. We had also used it for other stuff for probably six-eight months before doing our HS stuff.

I am getting one as soon as we get our taxes too, so IT don't have to run to my mom's every time I need to print. I think I can get a printer and extra ink and possibly even an extra drum for under 400.00.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dorra
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting starbeck96:

My mom has a brother and it is great on ink. Hers does not print color, but you can get them with color. My sister and I both HS and we used it a ton before the ink went out. We had also used it for other stuff for probably six-eight months before doing our HS stuff.

I am getting one as soon as we get our taxes too, so IT don't have to run to my mom's every time I need to print. I think I can get a printer and extra ink and possibly even an extra drum for under 400.00.

Thank you! I didn't get to print much off this year bc dh was going thru EMT and needed the printer more. 

Can you recommend a certain one or will most any Brother work? I don'twant to spend more than $400-500 total. I need to update my camera as well.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I have an HP and the black ink is about $8 or $9.  I use it  a lot. I use more black than color too.  I am not sure how long it lasts. I don't pay any attention to that because I would be frustrated at running out of ink no matter how long it took before it would run out of ink.  lol 

Dorra
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Quoting kirbymom:

I have an HP and the black ink is about $8 or $9.  I use it  a lot. I use more black than color too.  I am not sure how long it lasts. I don't pay any attention to that because I would be frustrated at running out of ink no matter how long it took before it would run out of ink.  lol 

Is it a good printer? We are spending almost $100 everythime we buy ink. I can't keep affording that. 

I'm looking for a printer/copier/fax with wifi connections.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I have the HP 1102w laser printer. It is good.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM

It's an HP Deskjet 1000. It's not too bad. It has great quality printing. I think we only paid about $50 for it at Walmart.  We are very frugal when it comes to buying products. We either pay very cheap but good quality products or it is free. 

Quoting Dorra:

Quoting kirbymom:

Is it a good printer? We are spending almost $100 everythime we buy ink. I can't keep affording that. 

I'm looking for a printer/copier/fax with wifi connections.

undefined

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I am still looking right now, there are so many choices. I would start by looking at walmart.com. check their prices and how much the ink is and how many pages it will print.

That way you can see which one fits your needs the best.

Quoting Dorra:

Quoting starbeck96:

Thank you! I didn't get to print much off this year bc dh was going thru EMT and needed the printer more. 

Can you recommend a certain one or will most any Brother work? I don'twant to spend more than $400-500 total. I need to update my camera as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)