Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, I don't know why I do this to myself twice a year, but today I'm burying myself in my room in order to prep all the supplies for our first day of co-op on Tuesday. I'm teaching 3 classes so that means I have 3 days to make - 

13 3-ring binder Anatomy lapbooks

13 foam board 12 x 9 inch rectangular boxes 

And figure out how I'm going to transport all of them plus my 2 microscope cases, 13 stethoscopes and 4 dozen eggs - the 3 block from my house to coop....eek!

what are you up to?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Completely understandable.  :)   

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We've talked about putting in a very small cabin beside our orchard for guests. Or for a place for US all to stay during cidering or sugaring seasons. Right now we have enough big projects on the platter, so that will be awhile.

Quoting kirbymom:

I know what you mean. I think that could be done too with some very prudent planning.  That is what we are working on right now.  We are even talking about having room enough for a few who would like to do the same thing as ourselves. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We've talked about disappearing, but I feel as though we should be around as a resource to others who need help. 6 years ago we bought the encyclopedia of country living, it's a must have for anyone wanting to go off grid. I have learned so much in these years, but I always wished I had resources to say...yes that looks about the right consistency or...no, it should be thicker. I am doing that for a couple neighbors and I would love to do it on YouTube or wherever anyone needs it. It's such an undertaking to learn how to do some of these lost ways, it's nice to have the world at your fingertips to make sure the next undertaking won't be a disaster, Kwim?

Quoting kirbymom:

OMG!!!!!! That is exactly what I am talking about. I would love to be in the midst of that with you and learning it all!  You should hear some of our conversations around here. In about 2 to 3 years, we plan on going off grid and hopefully disappearing altogether.  

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm catching new yeast for my sour dough, I let my last die. The goats are giving milk, so I have some forage Blanco draining. I'll make some yogurt again tomorrow. That's just the pretty new stuff. I really need to check some of the basement projects. I've got some wine that should probably be moved to bottles and some peach skin vinegar that's nearly ready too.

Dh wants to make our own lye for next time, so we need to work on the barrel and get that all set up. We'll start that Monday night I think.

We always have something new brewing around here! Lol!

Quoting kirbymom:

I know! Just what I was thing too!  Great minds and all that...LOL  

What else do you have brewing? 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

That would be so much fun! The boys helped with the hand soap this morning and they keep wanting to open the pot to see if it thickened! It's so funny!

There is soooo much boring stir time! It would be great to have someone to talk to!

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow. I wished we lived much closer together so that we could do this together! :)    

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Making goat milk soap! I'm so excited, but it has to cure till st Patrick's day!

I also made some liquid hand soap from a cake of Dr. Bronners. It needs to sit till tomorrow morning.

Next I'm going to plan out the meals for the week, clean the kitchen, and make apple pie!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I've already walked the dog...

Came home and showered..

Took kids to Communtiy theater...they are in their first play, Dr. Doolittle.

Sitting in the. Truck reading and munchingmy carnitas n chips for breakfast...checking CM...

After theater, we are going to the community garden for the "MLK Day of service" and help cleanup,and build new planter beds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Baking bread, doing laundry, sewing some napkins, need to vacuum, bath the dog, work on the budget and pay bills, put away laundry.
I need to work on some lesson plans..well more like I need to look over the next couple of chapters in the books we are working on right now.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Chilling with the family, then doing some school work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nhismage
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Well, being that I'm very new to this and my DS and I just got started this past week.  I will be preparing lessons for next week because I have been such a mess an all unorganized...lol..lol Then maybe Ill do a little baking.  I'm in the mood for some keylime cake with cream cheese icing or just a glaze on top, it's sooooo good.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I love organizing....well ok, I love an organized closet. But the process of organizing, not so much! Lol

Quoting BramblePatch:

Not too much here. Its our one "free" day this week. I need to organize the walk in I use for school stuff and kids clothes... I think we will make some cookies at some point. And probably hit the ice rink for an hour or so if It doesn't snow.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Oooo, I love garage sales! But they really don't happen here except in the spring and fall.. Jealous!

Quoting rsrangel:

We went to some garage sales, our local farmers market, now home relaxing and later we are going to the fair.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Eek, I'm tired just thinking about it. 

Quoting LilrockerMama:

I'm working 7a-7p we don't have many patients and nothing going on, it will be a long day

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Jeez,c ow I want cookies! Everyone seems to be making them! Where are you thinking of field tripping to? 

Quoting Mellissa1990:

I'm resting and preparing curriculum for next  week.....trying to arrange some field trip with other homeschoolers.  Making cookies later with children reading the recipe.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Hey, nothing wrong with random days, that's usually what I call 'mental health days' lol

Quoting mem82:

I'm doing mostly random things, honestly. I just got toner for my printer so I will be printing out a storm. 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)