Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How did everyone's week go?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

My week has been so busy that every time I have gotton on here, I have had to get right back off. lol I just ould not post on here much at all or see how everyone was doing. But, I think I had a breakthrough in a couple of area's that really needed that breakthrough. I won't know for sure until next week. 

So how did your week progress? 

undefined

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
DS had a good week except spelling. He got two words (out of 20) wrong and thatvis not like him. I know it's still great but it was just annoying to me, lol.

DD coasted through on random worksheets....her new curriculum arrived on Thursday and and we are both excited.

Our full schedule of activities hit this week....back to horseback riding for DD and she added figure skating lessons. DS started a 5 week hockey clinic last week and we added gymnastics this week....and boy, I am tired!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I just bet you are!  That is a rigorous schedule to say the least.  :)   How in the world do you do it?  

Quoting BramblePatch:

DS had a good week except spelling. He got two words (out of 20) wrong and thatvis not like him. I know it's still great but it was just annoying to me, lol.

DD coasted through on random worksheets....her new curriculum arrived on Thursday and and we are both excited.

Our full schedule of activities hit this week....back to horseback riding for DD and she added figure skating lessons. DS started a 5 week hockey clinic last week and we added gymnastics this week....and boy, I am tired!!!!!

BramblePatch
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Luckily hockey clinic is only 5 weeks long. DDs riding and skating are both Friday...so its a non-school day and DS stays with my mom. It sucks, though, because riding is 25 minutes south and skating is 25 minutes north. I actually broke down and got McDonalds for lunch yesterday....something we do maybe 3 times a year.

Quoting kirbymom:

I just bet you are!  That is a rigorous schedule to say the least.  :)   How in the world do you do it?  

Quoting BramblePatch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We don't do a lot of take out foods either. I think the last time we had McDonalds was last year this time around. We all got the runs afterwards too. :(  That is usually what happens when we have take out food instead of home cooking.  

Quoting BramblePatch:

Luckily hockey clinic is only 5 weeks long. DDs riding and skating are both Friday...so its a non-school day and DS stays with my mom. It sucks, though, because riding is 25 minutes south and skating is 25 minutes north. I actually broke down and got McDonalds for lunch yesterday....something we do maybe 3 times a year.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting BramblePatch:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We're doing pretty good. Our printer ran out of ink and that slowed us down a bit on Science. We had to wait for pay day to get a new toner. Now we are back up and running.

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Well my week went fair. My daughter has been sick and that hasn't been too fun. I missed a lot of class. But I'm going in Tuesday and taking 7 tests so that won't be too bad. My son enjoyed homeschooling and there are just a lot of stuff that we need to work on but I think it'll be great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear that you are back on track. 

Quoting mem82:

We're doing pretty good. Our printer ran out of ink and that slowed us down a bit on Science. We had to wait for pay day to get a new toner. Now we are back up and running.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Awww ~ I hope your daughter is feeling better.  Knowing that you have the time to change things and to be able to have the time to be flexible is such a relief and an empowerment at the same time.  

Quoting LilrockerMama:

Well my week went fair. My daughter has been sick and that hasn't been too fun. I missed a lot of class. But I'm going in Tuesday and taking 7 tests so that won't be too bad. My son enjoyed homeschooling and there are just a lot of stuff that we need to work on but I think it'll be great.

undefined

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It's the end of the k12 semester here, so we had some science and history to catch up on. That took enough out of the oldest that we took Friday off, which actually turned into finding lye and washing soda at the local Amish store an hour away. I've also decided that Levi is not thriving with the k12 phonics program. They are not helping him focus on word chunking, so he is constantly sounding out the whole word. We're trying to move to hooked on phonics while still doing the k12 test which is a bit of a nightmare really, but I can already see such an improvement in his fluency and oral reading!
I found an app for Quentin for oral vocabulary. And it actually taught him a couple words, so it's a keeper I guess. He's been working on his letter identification so we also got him an app letter bubble pop, which he is loving! He's so excited to be doing more school like big brothers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Sounds like some learning is going on no matter what you do. lol That's a good sign that what you are doing is right and that it's working. :)  

Quoting bluerooffarm:

It's the end of the k12 semester here, so we had some science and history to catch up on. That took enough out of the oldest that we took Friday off, which actually turned into finding lye and washing soda at the local Amish store an hour away. I've also decided that Levi is not thriving with the k12 phonics program. They are not helping him focus on word chunking, so he is constantly sounding out the whole word. We're trying to move to hooked on phonics while still doing the k12 test which is a bit of a nightmare really, but I can already see such an improvement in his fluency and oral reading!
I found an app for Quentin for oral vocabulary. And it actually taught him a couple words, so it's a keeper I guess. He's been working on his letter identification so we also got him an app letter bubble pop, which he is loving! He's so excited to be doing more school like big brothers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN