Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Websites you use

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello I went to this great class his name s Dr. James L. Thomas,Jim

email address: earlyliteracyworkshops@live.com

but if you do not see if put it on the yahoo search bar then look down the page and find  rtor / FrontPage 

click on in and you will see information for pregenant to six or seven years old. It have everything to dealing with Opening doors to Early Literacy everything that I learned in that class is close to free please use it is helping me with the cuilum for next year. I go to the class for childcare and it help with my home schooling as well. It has great resources ad activites to use with very young children. He will show you everything cheap and free way to use everything.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't quite understand. What are the classes, who is *he*, what are his credentials to teach, and how does this help you?

Forgive me, I'm on my first cup of coffee. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

BramblePatch
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I didn't get it...and I have had two cups already, lol.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I don't quite understand. What are the classes, who is *he*, what are his credentials to teach, and how does this help you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM
It was my class for childcare but it was to help my preschoolers as well. It was literacy class for reading writing math science and social studies as well what to prepare your child for the next grade from birth to six or seven year old

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I went to the website and didn't like the fact that you have to become a member Before reading his credentials. The only page really viewable is the blog which contains terrible safety advice....like the new warning signs of a child predator contains "someone who likes to wrestle, kiss, hug, lick and touch" kids.....that's not a warning sign but a statement of definition.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I'm not going to sign up without seeing creds, lol. Strikes me as "off".

Quoting KickButtMama:

I went to the website and didn't like the fact that you have to become a member Before reading his credentials. The only page really viewable is the blog which contains terrible safety advice....like the new warning signs of a child predator contains "someone who likes to wrestle, kiss, hug, lick and touch" kids.....that's not a warning sign but a statement of definition.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I do not understand what you are talking i do not know what you are talking about i was using the site not talk to him i am sorry i really do not know what you all are talking about

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sincerely not trying to be rude (seriously), but I don't understand anything you just said.

Quoting motheroffour186:

I do not understand what you are talking i do not know what you are talking about i was using the site not talk to him i am sorry i really do not know what you all are talking about

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I was just saying on the side of that man pages it had free things to do for children from birth to seven years old. That is what i was saying

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am very sincerely not trying to be rude (seriously), but I don't understand anything you just said.

Quoting motheroffour186:

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I went to the class yesterday and i was.trying to give some sites out to help out sorry

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting motheroffour186:

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I sincerely appreciate all websites, especially new ones. AutumnsMommy asked for the Dr's credentials before starting any of his e classes, so I went to look them up on his website. But it wouldn't let me search his credentials unless I became a member. I must have missed the button where the materials were accessible, or maybe it's different on an iPad (as is sometimes the case). The only page I could view was a blog, where none of the posts were written by the Dr, but someone else, and they were strange, IMO. 

I wasn't knocking the e classes or materials, as I didn't get to view them. But I prefer seeing before joining, where I might get innundated w/ emails. If you know what I mean? So, please, don't think I was putting down anyone's sharing, as I wouldn't like that either. 

Quoting motheroffour186:

I went to the class yesterday and i was.trying to give some sites out to help out sorry

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting motheroffour186:

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)