Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Jobs for Homeschooling?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok ladies, I need some more help! I definitely want to home school next year. The problem? I am a single-mom who has to work outside the home. I have a great support system with my parents. I need ideas so I can look for a job that is flexible or works nights/weekends only. Any ideas? I'm not picky. Just want something with benefits.

HELP!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm in nursing school but I'm a CNA right now at a hospital. 3 12 hr shifts or 2 16s and your week is done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked as a waitress while homeschooling and raising four kids without any support system. Money was good, I worked nights and weekends. Did it for five years.
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Cleaning office buildings (they only clean at night & on weekends) I bet You could find a company like Merrymaids in your aria.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I know many HS moms who work as nurses & nurses aids on 3 rd shift or flex shifts, but it takes a certification

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

What about the evening shift at a grocery store? Many of the stores here are open until 10 or so; I assume they have, like, a second shift that comes in (cashiers)?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I'm almost done with school and will work part time as a medical technologist in the lab, but no benefits for part time. :(
zandizane
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Cleaning houses ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)